FPV and Battery problem

Reaction score
I have a terrible range on my FPV setup, its less than 65 feet. I have the AVL58 TX module and a Boscam monitor with built-in receiver with two original antennas. The antenna on the AVL58 is the included cloverleaf antenna. I know that changing to better antennas usually help, but surely 65 feet is not normal despite the original antennas?

I have lines running on my screen, i tried to put some scotch tape on the connectors on the gimbal video cable, i left two connectors to the left visible on the cable, my picture disappeared totally, i even tried to leave three and four connectors visible, no picture at all.

Can there be some disturbances since i have the iosd mini and the FPV hub board exactly besides the AVL58, the iosd mini is even touching the AVL58, can that be a reason for the extremely short range? Or what can it be? Can it be something wrong with the AVL58 or with the receiver module in the monitor? Which is more likely?

Also my 7,4 Volt battery is not charging, its new and only charged one time before, according to the charger manual there is a 300 mV difference between the battery pack? I don't have a clue what that means? All the red lights on the charger flashes six times and then a one second pause, and so on. Is this something that can be corrected or is the battery totally broken? It is a 7,4 volt battery and now the voltage reads 6,08 Volt.

I would really appreciate some answers, it seems i have a very bad luck with everything that has to do with drones, its not a funny first experience, i´m a beginner, bought my first things about 10 days ago and already gimbal problems, battery problems and range problems, i wonder what the next drone related problem will be?.

The AVL58 has a very delicate antenna mounting to the board and can easily snap. If it's broken I would expect to see what you describe.

did you ever turn on the Phantom without the antenna attached to the AVL58? If you EVER power up any video transmitter with no antenna attached, it pretty much insta-kills the transmitter entirely.

fwiw, if you wind up needing to replace parts I'd go with the ImmersionRC 600mW transmitter, and then there's a plug and play cable you can get that would replace the FPV hub. much simpler.

I assume you're using the H3-3D gimbal with GoPro camera?

For the white lines, see this thread for some info:

http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=19936

I was having rolling white lines on the screen and it's because of something relating to the power supplied to the GoPro.

I directly wire my GoPro to the transmitter to solve this problem, but I'm sure the above-linked method will work too.

In terms of the range issue -- are you sure you have the correct antennas installed?

sma-rpsma.jpg

I know this may be a simple/stupid question, but it has been a mistake made on this board before by a few members. Look at your receiver's antenna connector. If the receiver connector has a hole in it (SMA female), your antenna must have a pin (SMA male). If the connector has a pin in it (RP-SMA female), your antenna must have a hole (RP-SMA male).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4