Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

FPV additional tilt

Discussion in 'FPV (First Person View)' started by crchisholm, Jun 17, 2014.

1. crchisholm

Some time back, I had a crash that resulted in the video feed from my GoPro not coming through the H3-2D gimbal any more. The gimbal still works find in all other respects, but I had to mount an FPV camera on the P2 as well for FPV. This works fine, but means that I only have pitch tilt on the goPro and not on the FPV camera. This makes descending a bit scary for me when trees are about.

A friend asked if I could still run a pan-tilt mount for the FPV camera and hook it up so that both cameras (the FPV and the goPro) tilted in unison by somehow splitting the control signal. I thought that was a pretty good question. Has anybody tried anything like that with the H3-2D and a separate FPV camera? Are there alternate solutions that would allow me tilt on both cameras?

Thanks in advance

2. macheung

You should consider just attaching a video out cable directly to your go pro and hook that to your vtx. No need for extra camera and tilt. Search for tarot gimbal go pro video cable.

3. crchisholm

I had researched this, but the cables I found wanted to attach to the back port on the goPro and that is being used by the H3-2d. I followed your suggestion and looked at the tarot and it appears that this one would work. Now I just need to find it in the US so I don't have to wait a month for it from China.

Thanks