FPV, 2.4

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good FPV set up for the FC40? The ones I've seen online are 5.8, I believe that will interfere with the transmitter? Thanks in advance for the assist!!

scole said:
will the bosscam 2.4 pick up the fc40 with no additional wiring?
The link I provided is not for a wi-fi extender. It is a general-purpose, analogue transmitter and receiver combo. You need a camera that outputs analogue signal, you need to feed power to the tx, you need a monitor that accepts analogue input and you need to feed power to the rx and monitor.

You cannot pair it with the FC40 camera. It is only good for the FC40 Phantom because it transmits on the 2.4GHz band and thus it does not interfere with the FC40 Phantom remote, which transmits on the 5.8GHz band. It is suited for a setup that involves a GoPro camera.

I have the new Samsung Galaxy S4 and get over 300m without a repeater. Before I got the phone, I had terrible range with my iPhone 4s so I used an old wireless bridge/repeater/router I had in the attic with amazing results using my cheapo Android tablet. The FC40 app for the iPhone is not very good, the android one is much better.

I was able to get 500+ meters using the wireless range extender. The extender has since died (it was quite old and not high quality to begin with) but with the Galaxy S5 I just don't need it for most of my shots.

What I want to know is what other small lightweight cameras out there exist with the near-instant wifi streaming capabilities of the FC40? I'm using the FC40 for FPV while having my gopro strapped to my gimbal or mount below and it's so good I don't feel compelled to buy a real FPV system aside from the fact I can't see what the gopro is doing.

Someone recommended the Liquid Image EGO but the wifi lag is IMMENSE even though it has a very good range.

Why isn't there a 1080p camera with a wifi streaming capability and a RP-SMA plug on the back for wifi antenna add-ons on the market?? I feel like if someone made such a camera - and all it would take is the FV40 board in a gopro or similar camera 'modded' to have the wifi signal go through an actual patch antenna - they would make off like bandits.

DJI could open up such a market IMO. Just work out a 1080p FC40 with a glass lens as a DJI offered alternative to the GoPro so guys who want the Phantom2 vision's camera quality and capability on all sorts of other stuff - not just the phantom 2 vision.

What Galaxy S is it, S4 or S5? :)

What about the range and lag of the GoPro with the Galaxy S you have? Reading the description of the app on Google Play, they say the GoPro app is optimised for Galaxy S4 and above or similar Android 4.2 devices. How does it perform, compared to the FC40 camera, range-wise and lag-wise?

BladHaund said:
What Galaxy S is it, S4 or S5? :)

What about the range and lag of the GoPro with the Galaxy S you have? Reading the description of the app on Google Play, they say the GoPro app is optimised for Galaxy S4 and above or similar Android 4.2 devices. How does it perform, compared to the FC40 camera, range-wise and lag-wise?

It's the S5 but I'm sure the S4 performs just as well. I'm talking about the FC40 camera and app though. However, I went on to say that someone should make a 1080P camera with the low-lag long-range wifi streaming capability of the FC40. Seems like it could be a major seller for folks like us who don't need 100% real time FPV but a low-lag wifi setup to our smartphones is great for setting up shots and basic navigation.

I know, that would be great if someone would develop that, but in the meantime you said you also have a GoPro camera. Would you be so kind and tell me an estimate of the lag with the GoPro app?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20