Foxtech super-mini 200mW 5.8GHz VTX

Reaction score
I ordered this because of the very low weight, a tiny fraction of my existing Boscam 500mW VTX which has a huge heatsink plus a fan. I am not too concerned with VTX power and range for my spare phantom, however this new VTX has a strange problem.

At about 100m away, my Boscam Diversity LCD screen as well as mu Skyzone diversity video goggles suddenly go black occassionally for 10 to 15 seconds at a time.

I get about 250 meters range when its working, but I frequently get the black screen for amaybe 10 to 15 seconds at a time.

On the Boscam VTX, WHEN i start to lose the signal, the screen just gets a bit grainy and then snowy until its just static when out of range. I have never seen a sudden black screen with the boscam VTX.

Checked all the contacts, no problems there.
Replaced the stock dipole antenna with a circular polarised antenna.
Both diversity receivers have a dipole and circular polarised antenna.
No difference, I still get frequent sporadic blackouts for 10 to 15s at a time.

Any ideas?

I think it might ne related to battery voltage, because as soon as the screen blacks out, I let go tje comtrols (flyi g in ATTI Mode) then the I get a signal again. If in GPS Mode in strong wind, when it blacks out, switching to ATTI mode seems to solve the problem.

I am thinking that perhaps high-speed flight, or. GPS holding position against a strong wind may cause voltage dip which affects the VTX. As soon as the voltage recovers, it comes right again.

Will check this again today.

Any suggestions welcome.

My reply got erased so this will be short...sorry...

Try to hook the VTX to a separate Lipo to determine your "voltage drop" premise. Have a friend hold it far away.
Interesting issue I hope you can tell us what you found?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair