FOV calculation file

Reaction score
4 to 6 months ago I asked a question about FOV calculations for a client project I was working on. Someone replied and posted, or sent me a .xls calculation file.

I can not, for the life of me, remember who it was, and I can't find the post in my searches. But I want to give him a BIG THANK YOU!

The calculation file is DEAD ON ACCURATE! Down to the foot acurate

When I originally asked, I was trying to plan a waypoint mission in Litchi and trying to figure altitudes to capture a very large construction site. I figured I would have some trail and error. Nope! First time was perfect using the file.

Fast forward to present day. I bought a P4P a couple of weeks back. It of course, has a smaller FOV. I took the file and copied the calculations with the P4P FOV. The file told me I had to set my mission height a bit higher. But even at 400ft it was not quite enough. I played with the aspect ratio, and found one that worked below 400ft. I also used the file to discover I needed to add a wp to get my multiple image stitch to work out.

Bada Boom, Bada Bing!

I flew the different missions the first time today with the P4P and the calculations were spot on once again!

I attached the file with "my" P4P updates. The property I fly is about 3/4 of a mile long. Google Earth measurement says it is 610 ft wide at the widest point. (580 or less throughout the rest) If you look at the file, only had about 2ft of room with the P4P settings. And like I said... NAILED IT!

If you know who this file belongs to, send them over for a big THANK YOU!

Attachments

• FOV_image_coverage.zip
    7.8 KB · Views: 315

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.