Fountain crash

Reaction score
Yup, I placed it in a fountain. Fully submerged for about 60 seconds. I removed the battery as soon as possible and hit it with compressed air for a long time.
Hopefully she will fly again. Don't know about the camera.

She rests in the sunlight now. I will try to wake her up in about 24 hours.

Beautiful crash though.

Peter said:
Yup, I placed it in a fountain. Fully submerged for about 60 seconds. I removed the battery as soon as possible and hit it with compressed air for a long time.
Hopefully she will fly again. Don't know about the camera.

She rests in the sunlight now. I will try to wake her up in about 24 hours.

Beautiful crash though.
Bummer. Did you get it on video? Phantom crashes seem to be very popular on Youtube.

Good you removed the battery asap. Since it was fresh water you might be OK.

I'd probably open up the shell and fill the bottom half as much as possible with dry rice to help dry it out.
24 hours may not be enough if it's still closed up. You'll have water in the connectors, inside the NAZA and WiFi housings, etc...

No video, and that will hunt me forever! I opened up the shell after about 30 min and dried it out with air from a compressor for 10 min and placed it in the sun. For all the kids out there, never drink and fly a quad.

I let you know how it went.

edit: it's filled with silica gel from work.

Let me know the results. I Crashed mine in salt water, and is completely dead. Its not doing nothing, even with a new battery. I clean everything but the drone is not turning on.

Andrew

The quad itself seems to be fine but the gimbal is acting crazy. Like a kid without ordinated adderall.

gabosola said:
Let me know the results. I Crashed mine in salt water, and is completely dead. Its not doing nothing, even with a new battery. I clean everything but the drone is not turning on.

Andrew
I'm sorry to hear that Andrew. Salt water do bad things to electronics.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4