Found P3P Deschutes River

R

rederbla

I found a Phantom Professional Saturday, April 29, on the Deschutes River just up stream from the Wychus Creek confluence. The drone has what looks like an FAA registration number. I would like to return the drone to its owner. It doesn't look like it has been outside very long. Still in very good shape.

I found a Phantom Professional Saturday, April 29, on the Deschutes River just up stream from the Wychus Creek confluence. The drone has what looks like an FAA registration number. I would like to return the drone to its owner. It doesn't look like it has been outside very long. Still in very good shape.

What was the FAA number...I can try to look up for you?

Just called the FAA UAS registration support line and they recommended going through local law enforcement who could contact the FAA and be giving the registered owner's information, they will not give out this information to a non-official party.

FAA contact: (877) 396-4636 or [email protected].
Office hours are 10 a.m.-6 p.m. ET Monday through Friday.

Hope you are successful in getting the bird home.

Just called the FAA UAS registration support line and they recommended going through local law enforcement who could contact the FAA and be giving the registered owner's information, they will not give out this information to a non-official party.

FAA contact: (877) 396-4636 or [email protected].
Office hours are 10 a.m.-6 p.m. ET Monday through Friday.

Hope you are successful in getting the bird home.
Thanks, that is good information. Just what I need.

What was the FAA number

It's not a great idea to publish FAA numbers publicly. For someone trying to claim it, it would be the best way for them to prove ownership.

Thanks, that is good information. Just what I need.

You might hold off for a few days at least. You've provided enough information.. and I'm sure the owner is actively searching to see if it has been found. It's generally best/quickest for both local parties to handle something like that before getting any official authority involved.

Just sayin.. ;)

It's not a great idea to publish FAA numbers publicly. For someone trying to claim it, it would be the best way for them to prove ownership.
Undoubtedly this is why the FAA rep directed the effort to local LE personnel, they are in the best position to gather and validate ownership. That vast an area, its unlikely you would bump into someone looking for a lost drone.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj