Found P3A in austin Texas

Yeah, why two screen names Norm, is there a benefit to that i dont know of?

I'm for one on keeping things on the lighter side. We all know it is just banter will fellow hobbyists. I continually make jokes but never would make any attacks on an individual. Most of us are all too old for that. Too many people walking around with too much stress. And you wonder why the most prescribed drugs are what they are. It is probably the ones that joke as it being theirs that would be the ones that would go through the most effort in returning it.

Having said that it seems the the rightful owner will be contacted.

After all, this is supposed to be a fun sport.

Reactions: TK P3A
print
Found drone (south austin)

6747.png
6748.png
6747.png
6747.png

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
Manchacha at Redd

(google map)

lost or found?: found

This poor little drone needs to reunited with its family. It took a bad fall and will need medical attention. She answers to Phantom Advanced and has been quietly resting in a warm dry household. She is well mannered and appears house broken due to no prop guards. Unfortunately she is not chipped but does have a serial number which I'm sure her rightful master will have. She is suffering some amnesia due to her missing sd card, so no leads there. I would love to reunite her to her rightful owner and perhaps see her do tricks some day.

My silly post on Craigslist

Reactions: Illina and doomclam
Can you pull the flight data without the SD card? I think you can plug into the front USB plug right?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I kind of agree with norm.

Nobody bothered to assist the honest non-flyer identify markings, question where it went down, or try to pull flight data off the aircraft.

People could have been a little more helpful.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Gary E
You can get the .dat files and read the GPS info. To do this you would need to pair it to a transmitter and use the DJI Go app to put it in data mode. Maybe someone in the area can help you. The connection is on the phantom itself and not the gimbal. I think it would be so awesome to reunite this drone with its owner and would love to help!!!

I kind of agree with norm.

Nobody bothered to assist the honest non-flyer identify markings, question where it went down, or try to pull flight data off the aircraft.

People could have been a little more helpful.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Exactly, the person first posted his message on the DJI forums, trying to be helpful, I suggested he come to this site and post a message here in the hope that he might be successful, and also receive some additional helpful advice, but instead, some people felt it was more important to try and be cute when all that was needed were a few helpful tips to improve the chances of the owner getting it back. They don't realize this was someone who is not a Phantom owner and just found it and was attempting to do the honest thing to reunite it with its rightful owner.

Reactions: Gary E
Than
Exactly, the person first posted his message on the DJI forums, trying to be helpful, I suggested he come to this site and post a message here in the hope that he might be successful, and also receive some additional helpful advice, but instead, some people felt it was more important to try and be cute when all that was needed were a few helpful tips to improve the chances of the owner getting it back. They don't realize this was someone who is not a Phantom owner and just found it and was attempting to do the honest thing to reunite it with its rightful owner.

Thanks

you can pull a lot of info off of the quad... you will need to get it into data mode and hook a USB cable to it to get the files off of the quad.... pretty easy to do ...

Reactions: auen1
Yes the dat files would certainly help with its origin as it logs that info when you turn it on in the house. You could find its home.

Maybe it belongs to that person who had that P3A box up for auction on EBay.

If you want to learn how to get the data off of a quad then search for DashWare in the forums.... once you get it all going its pretty interesting.. the method will show you where that quad is from...

If you pull flight logs and see where the first few short flight lat & longs are, it will probably be the owners home. Considering first thing we all do is power it up outside the house when we unbox it.

More than likely you will see first few flights were short and at same place. Betting that's owners house.

Listen,Norm!
Most everyone who's been on this forum for a while has lost a bird. We know what the owner is feeling. Most everyone making those "jokes" would also post pics and adds trying to return lost uav's. You really need to lighten up, maybe you've been surfin the forum too long and need to take a break and get out and fly a little, relieve some stress.
emoji41.png

BTW if that drone had silver stripes and a broken camera thats mine i was doin another one of my suicide distance runs. **** that one woulda been a personal best!

I have been on the forum since last June... When should I expect to lose my P3P ????

I found a drone in Austin Texas and I am searching for its rightful owner. I have posted on craigslist.

So thats where it ended up. All jokes aside, you're an ace. I hope it gets to the rightful owner.

If some one wanted to find the owner it would take a person less than an hour or two to find out the location of the owner... the files on the Quad have the answer... if the quad does not end up with the owner then someone didn't try hard enough....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31