Found my setup , please advise

Reaction score
So , I'm going to enter the P2 with H3-3D. After a lot of reading and some YouTube-ing I come to understand that regardless of the FPV setup , the key is in antennas. Here's what I'm buying and I'd love your suggestions.

1) IRC-600mW
2) iOSD Mini
3) FPVLR antenna bundle
4) Black-Pearl diversity monitor

I've heard people in this forum mention that the 7ch BP is better than 32 , is this true? I've heard that if I'm going the iRC route I'd be needing a plug-and-play cable. Could someone link me to the cable and what exactly it accomplishes?

andersonpaac said:
So , I'm going to enter the P2 with H3-3D. After a lot of reading and some YouTube-ing I come to understand that regardless of the FPV setup , the key is in antennas. Here's what I'm buying and I'd love your suggestions.

1) IRC-600mW
2) iOSD Mini
3) FPVLR antenna bundle

I've heard people in this forum mention that the 7ch BP is better than 32 , is this true? I've heard that if I'm going the iRC route I'd be needing a plug-and-play cable. Could someone link me to the cable and what exactly it accomplishes?

plug and play cable
http://www.firstpersonview.com/cables/p ... ransmitter (hunt for the best price if you like)

Instructions on installation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ido6peKTKKo

Enjoy!

dragonash said:
andersonpaac said:

1) IRC-600mW
2) iOSD Mini
3) FPVLR antenna bundle

plug and play cable
http://www.firstpersonview.com/cables/p ... ransmitter (hunt for the best price if you like)

Instructions on installation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ido6peKTKKo

Enjoy!

Thank you so much , checking the video out. I hope the IRC is good enough

I was just helped out with the same exact setup (i got the fatshark spironet antennas though)

This video was perfect. It helps that I have a chromecast and was able to display it on my TV, so I did it while watching the instructions on the big screen lol.

And yes, I was told to get the 7 channel BP as well.
Everything really went together smoothly.

The only thing I was worried about was the iRC getting too hot and melting the double sided tape.
But I got a solution to that
see here
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=23245#p213571

dragonash said:
I was just helped out with the same exact setup (i got the fatshark spironet antennas though)

This video was perfect. It helps that I have a chromecast and was able to display it on my TV, so I did it while watching the instructions on the big screen lol.

And yes, I was told to get the 7 channel BP as well.
Everything really went together smoothly.

The only thing I was worried about was the iRC getting too hot and melting the double sided tape.
But I got a solution to that
see here
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=23245#p213571

What's the reasoning behind getting the 7ch Bp instead of 32 , also , what range did you get with all stock

andersonpaac said:
What's the reasoning behind getting the 7ch Bp instead of 32 , also , what range did you get with all stock

What I was told is that it is the best combo for the immersion 600mw.
I cant tell you how far I get with a stock setup since I was using the spironet antennas from fatshark. But I will you tell that I get just under 1000ft before my video breaks apart

That being said, I live in brooklyn,ny and its a densely popular area, so no doubt, interference all over the place.

I'm sure that if I combine another antenna - maybe a directional based type - that I will be able to go further without a problem.
I believe the BP auto selects the best reception

dragonash said:
andersonpaac said:

What I was told is that it is the best combo for the immersion 600mw.
I cant tell you how far I get with a stock setup since I was using the spironet antennas from fatshark. But I will you tell that I get just under 1000ft before my video breaks apart

That being said, I live in brooklyn,ny and its a densely popular area, so no doubt, interference all over the place.

I'm sure that if I combine another antenna - maybe a directional based type - that I will be able to go further without a problem.
I believe the BP auto selects the best reception
Thanks again, pretty pumped to try the rig.

dragonash said:
andersonpaac said:

Yo we should get together and fly sometime soon. I live over in the east village and I have Boscam equipment... I made a post recently in the local forum looking for someone with that IRC transmitter to test with.... my Boscam RX-LCD5802 is 32ch, basically the equivalent of the 32ch Black Pearl and I'm really curious how it works with the IRC transmitter since as you said, this forum is full of people saying the 32ch Black Pearl does NOT work well with the IRC 600mW.

would be good to know if the RX-LCD5802 does then it might be a easier/cheaper solution for the IRC guys than the BP receivers and all the hassle trying to make sure they find the 7ch version.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl