Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

FOUND MY PHANTOM!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Discussion' started by Detroit, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Detroit

My dad called me at 7 this morning and said he spotted my phantom about 30 feet up in a tree! After flying away over 2 weeks ago I was able to get it down and the gopro still works!!! The P2 and gimbal and completely totaled but the gopro is great!!! I had thought it went MUCH further but I was wrong. I was even able to watch the whole video it recorded. The video is 5:32 seconds long. The crash was at around 230 seconds. At 5:30 in the video you can hear me say my wifes name. We were so close the whole time!!. It even turns on and I can turn my screen on my black peral and while I have no video the iosd works great! I think I can save the iosd and the flytrex and put on my other p2 that I ordered a few days ago. It all sucks but Im rather happy I got it back!!! I will upload the unedited video as soon as youtube approves it.

2. Detroit

Attached Files:

3. LuvMyTJ

LuvMyTJ ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Hooray! You found it! :)
    Where is the top cover? Did you remove it or did it come off in the crash?

4. Detroit

I removed it to look inside

5. LuvMyTJ

LuvMyTJ ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I don't see what you couldn't get her back together and flying again. Let us know how it goes!

6. Detroit

It was out in rain and elements for over 2 weeks. The battery works but when I turn it on I get red green and yellow lights. Tried to calibrate it and it says battery not supported. Maybe a new battery and it may work but there were plus inside that were broke off. On the backside the body is cracked pretty well but the top body is perfect. I think I will just keep around for spare parts

7. LuvMyTJ

LuvMyTJ ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

8. Fyod

Wow, that gimbal got hit hard.
    It looks like the GoPro support got caught on something at a high speed when falling.
    Otherwise I can't imagine how it could get torn out like that.

GoPros are really, really well built. Consider all the Phantom crashes you've seen and how few have reported a damaged GoPro.

9. Detroit

Yea I was shocked the gopro survived. After watching the video I don't think it hit all that hard. I will post the video tomorrow when I get back. It must have hit hard because the p2 battery feel out but I found it.

10. Happyflyer

Great you found it Detroit. Finding the GoPro alone is a pile of saved $$$$$.

11. Detroit

12. LuvMyTJ

LuvMyTJ ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

That was weird. It did an about face and flew off backwards it to the trees. Any known sources of interference nearby?

I hope you have now invested in a tracker, you would of found it in a half hour due to it's close proximity if you would of had one. That was one of the first items I strapped on mine.

13. Flying Cephlopod

I have three GoPro cameras, and I'm amazed at how rugged they are. My two older GoPro cameras have been dropped onto hard cement and other surfaces a number of times--and these situations were without the exterior plastic casing.

My newest GoPro hasn't been crashed (knock on wood).