Found Drone Los Angeles

Reaction score
Was out on a hike in the Santa Monica mountains and found a downed drone. Looked like it took quite a crash, but the lights are on and as far as I can tell the damage is only to the plastic shell. I'd love to find the owner.

Thank you for reporting your find! :)

Please check the craft for a registration number that should be on it added by the owner. I also add contact info on my SD card so if it is still in it you could check that too.

I'm sure someone out there is wanting it back, thanks again for taking the time to post this.

Reactions: Simzy666
I don't see any numbers on it anywhere, unfortunately. There is a micro SD card in it but I haven't tried to look at the data. I'm hoping the owner will find me!

Pull the video or pics from the card if you can, may be an awesome video on there we could all learn from and possibly a shot of the owner that maybe someone will know.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Pull the video or pics from the card if you can, may be an awesome video on there we could all learn from and possibly a shot of the owner that maybe someone will know.

I'm gone all day today but will look into this over the weekend. I don't really have a micro SD reader so I'll have to come up with a plan, but I'm sure there's some way to see what's on there

@cenalan
Welcome to the forum!

Wow, to clarify what you have stated so for, when you found it the lights were still on?
It is a Phantom?
So far I can only tell that it is a drown.

A Phantom you can download from the card to a PC with Micro USB cable, it will show up as an external drive. This connection will be nearest the camera area, not on the Phantom body. And it will need the battery turned on for this connection to work.

Let us know,
We all appreciate your efforts. :)

Rod

drown = downed drone
Huh?,
OK, that took me about 15 mins to figure out. :rolleyes:

I thought you were trying to tell me that the brand is "Drown"

Much better would have been.
"So far I can only tell that it is a drown."
Rod, did you mean drone instead of drown. :)

BTW, I have had a Flu bug for a weak now, and I'm still pretty week. :eek: :D ;)

Rod

I'm gone all day today but will look into this over the weekend. I don't really have a micro SD reader so I'll have to come up with a plan, but I'm sure there's some way to see what's on there
Any chance you can put the SD card in your phone and then hook it up to the laptop with USB and getting footage from there? Would be awesome to see footage of the crash. Hopefully get a glimpse of the owner too, that way a chance could be that someone on here may know that person and reunite the drone quicker [emoji4]

Reactions: RodPad
Yeah, good point, if he has an android, hum I bet he don't, he probably would have thought of that.

Rod

Reactions: Neon Euc
Hey guys thanks for your help. I've had a super crazy weekend so haven't had a chance to check the footage yet, but will do asap and will let you know.

I had one response from my craigslist posting. Person said that they lost a DJI Phantom 3, then lost another type of drone the next day looking for the first. When pressed about aesthetic details it was clear that I didn't have that person's drone. Otherwise no one has responded.

As soon as I get access to the footage I will update. I have an android phone and should be able to load the SD card in there.

There were 2 videos on the SD card, including the crash. Crash video also has a shot of the pilot as it launches, anyone recognize?

Reactions: HarleyKen
Hmmm that was a sudden and catastrophic failure to say the least...ouch.

Reactions: Simzy666
Looks to me it was fighting a pretty strong wind. You can see the props. Something broke, it looks like. Would love to see the flight log. Good luck finding the owner!

Looks like it should have crashed pretty close to the take off location. I wonder why the pilot didn't recover it.

Wow,

Maybe it was stolen?

Maybe it got clipped by an Aircraft or Shot down, and the pilot fled the area?

It would be fun to look closley around the Launch location.

Rod

im new to this drone thing but have a good chunk of hours on a few airplanes including some nasty bird strikes and that looks to me like it hit something .... hope you find the owner ...

im new to this drone thing but have a good chunk of hours on a few airplanes including some nasty bird strikes and that looks to me like it hit something .... hope you find the owner ...
Welcome to the Forum!
Can't really figure out why it was not retrieved
Anyways, I read your other posts, I'm not good on helping out on repairs, I'm better on breaking. :eek:

Make a post here
Pro/Adv Discussion
or here
Phantom 3 Help

For starters check out @msinger s help web sight,
DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

Rod:)

Reactions: RodPad

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics