Found Crashed P3 Professional

Yes, I too applaud you for coming here and posting that you found someone's Phantom, I hope you're successful reuniting it with its owner!.

Too bad someone doesn't start a lost drone registry where people can post lost drone information and people who find them can also post.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Have you been asked to upload any flight records from the drone or pictures from the sd card? Should be helpful in takeoff point, path, videos, etc. which would clue you in to location of owner?

I hear ya. I googled it and did about an hours worth of research, so I could post on here and at least sound a little like I knew what I was talking about. I had honestly never heard of a gimbal before. That was the only real new term for me.

But there are tons and tons of things on google for this stuff. Lost drones are pretty common actually and a lot of people find themselves in my shoes.

I am unsure why folks find it hard to believe someone could start from zero and with google , in 15 minutes have more info on a sunject with proper search terms than I could find in weeks as a kid in libraries and the sort.

thanks for helping!

Reactions: Sagebrush
I don't understand how a drone which has already supposedly flown for awhile to get to you emits a green light "for about a week". I don't think there is any way it could do that. It just won't hold a charge for that long.

the battery can get tossed out during crash and stay " on"
mine has twice! on my p2's
The drone was NOT lit , just the battery leds

without a load a battery the size of these p3 units will power those little leds a long time

I know this thread was started in February but I read all of it and something is awry. Besides the usual thing of people asking him questions that he (the OP) had already answered, a lot doesn't add up.

He used a lot of terms like an experienced drone pilot. Yes, he could have educated himself quickly with Google and he DOES seem quite intelligent but there are errors in his story.

He saw a green light flashing in the woods for a WEEK and "just ignored it?" Maybe flashing green lights in the woods are a common occurrence in his neighborhood.

He said he put the battery in and turned it on to see if it would "fly back to a GPS tag in my house". Why would he want it to fly back into HIS house?

He said he couldn't find an SD card. He did enough research to learn what a gimbal was but he couldn't find the manual to locate the SD card?

He later found the card but said it was corrupted and he probably had a bad connection because the camera, etc. was damaged. Earlier he said he'd connected to all the ports and could get nothing. Now, suddenly he got connected? Why didn't he remove the card as instructed? If he removed the card and put it in his computer, a damaged camera connection or damaged connection to the drone would have no bearing whatsoever.

He said he was going to call DJI and after one unsuccessful attempt, he kept saying he was going to try again "today" but this apparently never occurred.

He also said he was going to take it to a local shop to have them attempt to retrieve the flight logs. He apparently forgot to do so.

Then, finally, after trying everything he could to find the owner (other than calling DJI or having the local shop pull the data files), including asking for help here, he suddenly disappears. No updates, no "thanks, people", nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch.

If he was truly the upstanding guy he seemed to be, he'd also be courteous enough to post back to assuage those of us waiting with bated breath of a final outcome, favorable or not. Maybe it was HIS drone and he had to have a cover story so his wife wouldn't be upset with him for spending so much money and then crashing it ("Honey, I found this in the woods. Look at all I'm doing to find the owner. I've even posted on a drone forum"). If that's the case, perhaps a "Honey, it followed me home. Can I keep it? Huh?Huh? Can I keep it, PLEEEZE?" would have worked just as well. Something isn't right in Wonderland.

Last edited:
I would have never thought to put my phone number on my phantom because I figured nobody would ever call and return it. Now that I read your post I'm going to do it right now! That is awesome your trying to track the owner down!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I used a permanent marker and put an email address on the bottom of all four props. You can't normally see it. I started using an email instead of a phone number when I started posting lost posters in the area.

Then if some prankster wouldn't be calling me at 4:00 am..
"Did you lose something, I found something, your sign, HaHa"
:rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31