Found a stress crack after 25 flights

Reaction score
I was expecting to get to around 100 flight before I saw any problem.

I was planning to test the new firmware out today but not to sure now. It's only a tiny crack in one of the arm mounts next to the motor. You think it should be ok to run a few flights today?

I bought the P3 from heliguy here in the UK. They are meant to be a DJI warrantee repair centre so it will be interesting to see what they do. Thiy have been good so far and this is the reason I bought from them.

I was expecting to get to around 100 flight before I saw any problem.

I was planning to test the new firmware out today but not to sure now. It's only a tiny crack in one of the arm mounts next to the motor. You think it should be ok to run a few flights today?

I bought the P3 from heliguy here in the UK. They are meant to be a DJI warrantee repair centre so it will be interesting to see what they do. Thiy have been good so far and this is the reason I bought from them.
Put some prop guard mounts on the arms for reinforcing or the arm reinforcing plates made by UAV bits and you wont have to worry about a motor coming loose.

Strong Arm reinforcement plates

Put some prop guard mounts on the arms for reinforcing or the arm reinforcing plates made by UAV bits and you wont have to worry about a motor coming loose.

Strong Arm reinforcement plates
I had those plates on my P3P and thought it would help only to discover that I do have cracks on my copter arm in two places and am ordering a new shell today. It sucks that DJI puts out a great copter with crap plastic.

i will have a strong arm kit this tuesday.
time will tell.

I dont even know if bondic and hotglue will prevent cracks, but I think it's definitely better with that plus a strong arm than nothing as it surely will crack. Plus lowering stress with the power/stop settings.

Thoughts on coating the inside of the lower arm with a thin layer of JB Weld?

I had those plates on my P3P and thought it would help only to discover that I do have cracks on my copter arm in two places and am ordering a new shell today. It sucks that DJI puts out a great copter with crap plastic.

I think, but not 100% sure, that you are the first person to post that your P3P developed cracks AFTER you installed strong arms. Details please. Are you positive that they were not there before? How many flights before and after the installation? Any other unusual events?

Yeah, and the new shell is almost as cheap as those strong arms. Sending mine back because I thought they were $8 a set, not $8.00 each.
Too pricey and they really don't look like they solve the problem.

After 350 flights I have no stress cracks. But reading these forums does concern me a little.

iv only had 15 flights and checked my bird last night and I dont see any so far I think if your hard on the controls and flying in high winds thats gonna add to the stress am no really to impressed with dji about this my fc40 never had any issuses over a year :confused:

Use the Plast-Aid material. I guarantee it works. I did mine straight out of the box before I ever powered it up. The material is strong as steel and Light. In fact it bonds to the shell as if it were part of the shell. It will not come off, or out. No cracks or even a hint of a crack after 100 flights. See photo. I mixed it and poured it in around all the areas to be reinforced, vibrated it a touch to level it and you can see the results in the photo.
IMG_0237.JPG

Reactions: GunnyPapa

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues