Found a Cheap but Excellent Andoid Tablet for P3A/P....

hi, i am new and wondering if you would be willing to help me? I went and got the insignia elite and it has 5.02 firm ware on it. when i hook up my iPhone it looks like everything works fine. I downloaded DJI Go onto tablet and it did say of phones but everything i find says that. I enabled usb debug. but all i can do is get the instructions on how to connect. never displays the camera option that it tells you to go to like worked on my phone. any advice would be appreciated. its a nice and bright screen is why i would like to get it to work.
budzy, did you pick the right aircraft type from the dropdown menu above the picture of the Phantom? I believe it defaults to the Inspire 1

I saw on line wed night for the low price. Clicked the next day and it was up. I wanted on two and should of just bought it. Maybe it was a glitch

I fly for awhile with a Nextbook Ares 8. I bought it at Walmart for 79 bucks. Works like a champ. I now have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.0. I ordered an extension for the holder on my controller and I'll probably switch to the Galaxy. For an inexpensive fix, try the Nextbook.

budzy, did you pick the right aircraft type from the dropdown menu above the picture of the Phantom? I believe it defaults to the Inspire 1
I did. There is still no camera button. Tried different cable also..

In my opinion and I am sure a lot will agree with me that a working visual (tablet) is very important in the use of your drone. DJI tested a number of tablets and came up with a list of approved tablets insignia is not one of them. I am very happy with my I-pad mini & my Nvidia Shield tablet. both work very well on my Phantom 3 professional and my Inspire 1. My Nvidia Shield tablet is not on that list but the spec's far surpass most other tablets. I don't see there being a problem with the app so it has to be the tablet.
You know that camera button you'r looking for is at the bottom of the app and might be hidden from view because of your screen setup.
I see the equiptment button where the camera button is suppose to be.

I am interested in any changes need to get the insignia to work. I bought one as I read they were bright but it loads the DJI GO ok but the camera button never seen comes up. It has version 5.2 on it. Any help would be appreciated so many can use the tablet.
I was not aware of some devices not being supported when I ordered my P3P. In preparation prior to receiving it I installed the DJI Go app on my iPhone 4s. Alas, after connecting the phone to the RC and powering up the P3P I got the same problem you did... camera button was grayed out and the app would not run. After some digging I realized the 4s was not supported. So I go to my local Walmart and purchase a Nextbook for $80 that I figured I would dedicate to the Phantom. However, the DJI Go would not even install on that tablet... just said device not supported. Better stick to the list of supported devices, albeit the list can be somewhat deceiving as the Nvidia shield is not on the list but apparently works very well.
I'm afraid that your Insignia my no longer be supported after the latest FW upgrade.

Im just speaking from experience. Not with that exact tablet but I've had an android and 3 ipad mini 2's before I gave in a bought an Air 2. You get what you pay for.

No you don't.

I use a dedicated samsung galaxy tab pro ($160 at best buy at the time IIRC) and it works just as good as the iPad air2.
(And I'm an apple fan)

Downside is with android tablets.. like windows (what a joke) is the OS needs to adapt to a WHOLE range of hardware. Sometimes the OS and hardware pair up well with the bigger players but just the fact the OS needs to adapt to so many different combinations. This is why Apple has such a good track record with flat out working and reduced hang ups. Their software is designed around THEIR hardware.

While I wish I could like the iPad for my drone tablet the simple fact is my galaxy tab pro works just as well & fits in my case nicely while costing 1/4 cost of the iPad :)

..and just random post being someone Im sure will tell me how much better windows PCs are
tempFileForShare_2015-10-15-14-31-04_zpsr19depc1.jpg

I was not aware of some devices not being supported when I ordered my P3P. In preparation prior to receiving it I installed the DJI Go app on my iPhone 4s. Alas, after connecting the phone to the RC and powering up the P3P I got the same problem you did... camera button was grayed out and the app would not run. After some digging I realized the 4s was not supported. So I go to my local Walmart and purchase a Nextbook for $80 that I figured I would dedicate to the Phantom. However, the DJI Go would not even install on that tablet... just said device not supported. Better stick to the list of supported devices, albeit the list can be somewhat deceiving as the Nvidia shield is not on the list but apparently works very well.
I'm afraid that your Insignia my no longer be supported after the latest FW upgrade.
I've got both the iPad mini 4 and the Navidia shield which work very well on both of my DJI drones (Phantom 3 professional and the inspire 1). The iPad has a better retinal display but the Shields has a better process speed.

Been using the Elite Flex with my Advanced for a while now. Works fantastic.
Keith, is that your pic in your avatar?

Been using the Elite Flex with my Advanced for a while now. Works fantastic.
Keith, is that your pic in your avatar?

Are you running the latest DJI Go app and everything still works. I'm about to buy a flex elite bit want to make sure it'll work. Thanks!

I hope you guys are right about the Flex Elite as I just pulled the trigger on an open box unit for $116 at Best Buy. Great price for the stated performance and reportedly bright screen. While I was there I also bought a battery for $125. But dear, I'm saving so much money! :rolleyes:

I hope you guys are right about the Flex Elite as I just pulled the trigger on an open box unit for $116 at Best Buy. Great price for the stated performance and reportedly bright screen. While I was there I also bought a battery for $125. But dear, I'm saving so much money! :rolleyes:
Definitely update with how it goes. I will be in the market soon. Was looking at the shield k-1, but if I can get a tablet that does the job well for under 100$ ill save enough for another battery on the tablet alone.

I go to my local Walmart and purchase a Nextbook for $80 that I figured I would dedicate to the Phantom. However, the DJI Go would not even install on that tablet... just said device not supported. Better stick to the list of supported devices, albeit the list can be somewhat deceiving as the Nvidia shield is not on the list but apparently works very well.
You only need sideload it - download the file from DJI and install directly.

Hi guys, slightly off topic but can i operate 2 drones with one device, not at the same time. I have a second p3 pro coming and wondering do i need a second device, thanks

Definitely update with how it goes. I will be in the market soon. Was looking at the shield k-1, but if I can get a tablet that does the job well for under 100$ ill save enough for another battery on the tablet alone.
My experience is not to cut corners on your tablet - it's quite likely that you will end up regretting it and eBay it at a loss. The Shield is a superb choice and at 150 quid or dollar equivalent it is extraordinary value for what you get.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20