Forward speed slow

Reaction score
Some body please help me.I have a phantom 4 that forward speed is very slow.How ever reverse speed is very fast

How slow and how fast?

What was the prevailing wind when you noticed this?

What mode were you flying in?

AD

How slow and how fast?

What was the prevailing wind when you noticed this?

What mode were you flying in?

AD
Wind was not bad at all. When I fly in reverse speeds are very faster.Forward speed is half of reverse speed

Were you around obstacles or slow all the time? Mine is doing the same

Did anybody find out the answer on this? My P4 just back from repair (a system board they said) and flies only about 5mph forward in P mode but normal speed backward. Thank you!

Hey all, I just got used P4, I had VPS problems, in air, VPS just randomly goes to 0.0-0.1 value and descends slow. I tried to turning it off and desends good. But wanted to try fix it. sensors looks clean, so I tried connect ti dji assistant and perform calibration. I did it with success, but now when I fly my bird, goes slow in forward, like 9-10kph, I think like 6-7mph. In sports/atti mode goes full ~75kph... I did not tried yet to disable obsticle avoidance, but I dont want to disable it. pretty new with big drones, flied a little bit small mini drones. Maybe do factory reset? Or compass calibration? Im using latest firmware.

A little supplied flight data could help figure out the issue. Otherwise you are just guessing. Do not change any firmware or anything else before you see what the real issue may be. If you do, you are adding too many variables to determine what the issue is.

VPS just randomly goes to 0.0-0.1 value and descends slow.
Is there a gimbal guard or something else blocking the downward sensor view?
Or compass calibration?
It's got nothing to do with the compass - leave the compass alone.
Ok, what data do you need? Im little new in DJI ecosystem.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

so I did flight... DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com and I can confirm, when I disable obsticle avoidance it goes normal ~50kph speed forward. I also experience problems with RTH... I set my RTH alttitude to 40m but when I press RTH its start facing me and going up... to the limit at 120m and not going back... Maybe factory reset will do the trick with dji assistant? I think this started after I updated drone FW... I ibought it used and it was I think never updated...

Im reviewing my LOG and see that after I pressed RTH it gives: RTH: Backing up to avoid obstacle , looks like front sensors after calibrations are messy... I did calibration on my 15'' laptop, passed...

I also experience problems with RTH... I set my RTH alttitude to 40m but when I press RTH its start facing me and going up...
Did you also disable the downward sensors? According to this data set, you did. That said, with these disabled the aircraft should not climb as it appears to have done. Your RTH was set for 19 meters and you were already above that when you activated RTH. This may indicate an issue with the downward sensors. It is possible that they could be reporting erroneous data, although the data set here does not actually show that since they appear to have been disabled.
1567177442855.png

yeah, about that vertical sensors... its also little bit messy. Now I ave tem disabled. because when I enable them it shows me 0.0-0.1 values when Im up in the air and descending is very slow then... I did calibration with dji assistant hoping to fix it... But when I turning on P4 and just lifting it from ground, looks like VPS sensors showing good value, but up in te air is something not right... sensors looks clean... and I bought this P4 for 350 euros, it was crashed once, bottom shell cracked near one motor, but flies OK...

Did you also disable the downward sensors? According to this data set, you did. That said, with these disabled the aircraft should not climb as it appears to have done. Your RTH was set for 19 meters and you were already above that when you activated RTH. This may indicate an issue with the downward sensors. It is possible that they could be reporting erroneous data, although the data set here does not actually show that since they appear to have been disabled.
View attachment 114116
I tried record that flight from LOG
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

@scorpiopaulius I don't recall off the top of my head if the proper data is included, however, you could try retrieving the aircraft .dat file for a more in depth look as to what may be going on with the sensors. If you have never done that, see the link below and follow the instructions. You will need to upload that file to a share site such as dropbox..etc....then share a link back here to the file. The file you should look for is FLY258. Retrieve Aircraft .Dat Log

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.