Forward only.

Reaction score
With the P4 is there anyway to disable in software the right stick so that sideways and backward flying is not permitted?

I have never seen such an option, and why would you want to disable those flight axis'?

So the object sensors would stop the unit before the Kids hit a tree again.

LOL don't give it to the kids...OR....:)

Pardon my horrible skills in something that is not even paint but you can make a cover for your right stick cutout like the one below:

upload_2016-10-1_5-29-44.png

Reactions: Erised
There is a setting to disable backwards flight. I have not seen the option to disable sideways.

The sensing systems will not prevent you or the kids from hitting branches. They are too small to pick up and also anything above the cameras, like say where the props are. It's not a win win even if you do have forward only. Frankly, for me, nobody else is ever touching my controller lol.

Reactions: snowghost and JWH
To the extent it could be done I wouldn't recommend it. Restricting your available flight controls may actually liimit available options to avoid an incident. I would just just keep a close eye on the kids ready to issue instructions or take over until such time as their skills develop,

Erm, yes. Course Lock mode. That's exactly what it's for.

Update: Sorry, didn't see the "no backwards" requirement. You still get that.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl