Forward obstacle sensing error

Reaction score
Had otherwise a great +20 min flight but noticed the error a few times on the app. It also said "fly with caution". Tried 2 times walking towards the bird (hovering at ~180cm) and only one time the app showed that it sensed an obstacle. Should the p4 move at this point or is it only that it stops when it flies forward? Front and down sensors were calibrated successfully on last Sunday. Is this something to worry about? Not even an week old bird so wondering if I should return it because of the errors.

Edit: Was flying on a well lit sand field but otherwise it was completely dark outside. Temperature was at 0 Celsius. Does this kind of environment possibly affect the function of obstacle sensing?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
I understand the front sensors use a pair of cameras (they are not IR as in the side sensors of the new P4P). So I would think they would not be capable of functioning properly in low light. Try again in the daytime?

**EDIT - the P4 manual itself warns against relying on the forward collision sensors in low light.

Last edited:
I flew last night in my back yard to try GO 4.0 and no problem with OS, maybe the sensors had condensation on them and that may have triggered the warning.

Will try again in daylight on Saturday, also going to keep an eye on possible condensation. Thanks for the replies!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

When there is a problem, you could try to calibrate the OA with DJI Assistant 2.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20