Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Forming new UAV club in Christchurch, NZ

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PetePerrim, Jul 5, 2014.

1. PetePerrim

Hi,

We are forming a club for UAV enthusiasts to meet and share knowledge and technical information as well as helping pilots improve their skills through flight practise at outdoor and possibly indoor flying meets. I would expect that the club would meet once or twice a month.

I am a keen videographer and pilot. I have a DJI Phantom 2 with H3-3D, a 550 Hex and also a Tarot 680 Pro that I'm building at the moment. I would like to gauge the interest from others who live near here who might be interested in joining a club and having organised events.

If you or anyone you know would be interested in joining the Southern UAV Enthusiasts Club (SUAVE) then please email me at aerialmediaservices@gmail.com

Cheers
    Pete

2. HacKiwi

Hi Pete

Great idea. I'm in Christchurch, new to the hobby (an absolute novice) and interested. I've had a P2V+ for a couple months and before that an AR Drone and a pile of Proto-X Nanos. My biggest concern is someone doing something stupid with a UAV which will force the regulators into action. I hope this can avoided with education via user groups / clubs but I reckon there is also a need to educate the public so that those new to the hobby are aware of the risks they pose to the public and to my fun!

Let me know if / when things take off. As a PR exercise it would be great if we had a community (with permission) getting a bunch of aerial angles when this goes down http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/business/the-rebuild/10234858/Implosion-likely-for-police-station as long as i get the shot from a few meters directly above i'm in!

3. PetePerrim

That would be pretty cool to watch the old cop-shop being blown to pieces from the perspective of a drone. Send me your contact details to aerialmediaservices@gmail.com and we will get in touch. Also, if you know anyone else who might be interested then let them know as well.

Cheers
    Pete