Former Altitude-maniac

Reaction score
I confess...I really got wrapped up into higher altitudes with my P2!!! I performed antennae mods, etc. to get to fairly high altitudes. I loved the views...AMAZING!!! I tried to fly responsibly in the quest for higher-and-higher altitudes.

Now that I have my P3A, I did my first long distance (horizontal) run at about 300 ft altitude last night. I LOVED IT!!! It was exhilarating to reach 5500 ft without any modifications! It will be a new foray for me, and I am excited about it!!!

Just curious to know if there is anyone else out there who has been able to swap their vertical range addiction for the horizontal type!

Also, I really like the map tracking to actively see your location during flight and then to play the flight log back at a later time.

Thanks in advance for the responses.

I use to do the same up-up-and away! Then one night I got up to 300ft from my known limit and decided not to go the setups max limit. I then had a brain fart and rotated the quad 180 degrees which put the main receiving antenna to the wrong side. All I could is watch it and wait for the battery to drain down and drop into a cornfield. That was my last time of vertical flying. I'm now into high speed record flying.

I was able to reach 10,600 feet last week. Couldn't believe it. My p2V+ only got to around 2000th away.

I guess CE. I haven't changed it. And yes all stock. It was over a lake. With my P2V+, I could get less then half way across. With the P3 I got far past the opposite shore line.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 322
I made it to 13,200' today. 2.5 miles - slightly further than my P2V+ with 3 special antennas, and this is stock, with solid FPV (although it did warn "Control signal is weak").

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub