Formatting Trouble

Reaction score
I took a new SD card and made a few videos without formatting on my p3s. It worked fine. I tried another new card and it would not play the videos . Unable to play. So I opened my app and hit format. No options , It said completed. I hit ok. Then tried to record again but won't show photos or video. Can not play file. A friend with an Autel has the same problem. They will show on the phone but not on a player. Why did some play and not others? How does it format on the app? For pictures and video? Or. I don't get it. My video player shows pics and videos no problem but not any taken from the drone. .

I tried another new card and it would not play the videos . Unable to play. So I opened my app and hit format. No options , It said completed. I hit ok. Then tried to record again but won't show photos or video. Can not play file. A friend with an Autel has the same problem. They will show on the phone but not on a player. Why did some play and not others? How does it format on the app? For pictures and video? Or. I don't get it. My video player shows pics and videos no problem but not any taken from the drone. .
Formatting is the same and makes no difference to images or video.
Put your card in an adapter and connect to your computer.
Are the images and video files all there?
If you copy a video file to your hard drive, can you play it on the computer?

They are there but won't play. Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file. If I format it on the Go App it says ok and will not work? I want to buy a SD card and travel with it but if I can't play it on anything what good is it?

They are there but won't play. Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file. If I format it on the Go App it says ok and will not work? I want to buy a SD card and travel with it but if I can't play it on anything what good is it?
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess what the problem is.
There's nothing wrong with the video files that your Phantom creates.
Windows media player just isn't playing them - but that's not because there is a problem with the files.
Two possible solutions for you.
1. Change the video file format your camera is recording from .mov to .mp4
or
2. Download VLC Media Player which will play anything

Reactions: Pharm
How do I change the video format my camera is recording from? In the Go App it doesn't give me a choice of .mov to mp4.
I will download the VLC Media Player to watch videos when I get home. I purchased a SD card player for the TV in my RV, so I can watch them on the road but same problem. I have one card that will record and show everything I record. I didn't format the card at all.

How do I change the video format my camera is recording from? In the Go App it doesn't give me a choice of .mov to mp4.
Go into your camera settings and you'll find something like this (this might be an older version and look a little different from the current version)
Where it says Video Format, you will have the choice of mp4 or mov.
i-XSVfMPD-M.png

One other thing if above doesn't solve - please confirm you are formatting the SD card whilst it is inserted in Phantom, using DJI Go app? I'm wondering if you perhaps formatting elsewhere (like PC) with incompatible format, unlikely as this may be.

One other thing if above doesn't solve - please confirm you are formatting the SD card whilst it is inserted in Phantom, using DJI Go app? I'm wondering if you perhaps formatting elsewhere (like PC) with incompatible format, unlikely as this may be.
It won't make any difference.
I've always formatted in the computer without any problems.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
Actually, several (myself included) have had problems with cards formatted in the computer. Reformatting doesn't always reset certain pointers that tell the camera how much storage is available on the card. So the camera thinks that the card is full after much fewer pics or video than the native capacity should hold.

Great ideas to solve the problem. I have formatted the last couple sd cards in the Phantom. Took videos then couldn't watch them. I will try all possible solutions. Thank You.

Unlikely I agree, but I've had that problem, never say never. Point is we are trying to establish cause of problem

DigitalSkyPilot it's unclear to me if there is a problem recording, or if it's playing recorded files. Are you able to definitively check? ie when you record video on drone - does it show you it's recording on the DJIGO app screen? Then try take some photos. Tell us exactly what is displayed, once you remove the SD card from Phantom and place into PC player please.

Ps What player are you trying to use, can you try on something else that is capable of listing the files on the SD card? a PC is ideal.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1