Formatting the memory card

Reaction score
I am able to log on to the Phantom 2 vision + and see the green WIFI fan.
I can see the icon for the memory chip and it has a slash through it, indicating that it can't access the chip or the chip needs reformatting.
I can't seem to find a protocol to either reformat this chip or to format a new 32GB chip.

Can anyone send me a formatting protocol?

Thanks,

Jimbo

on the app look for the little cog symbol on the right side of the screen underneath the camera record/picture taking buttons, this will open a menu on the left side of the screen, format card is the bottom one or the second to bottom if my memory serves me right, i know the phantom doesnt like some cards so that may also be the issue

Based on experience of a professional photographer I know well, it is recommended to format the card in the camera it will be used in and not in a computer. It is also recommended to reformat the card in camera instead of deleting the photos/video on the card after copying the files over. Me? I don't think it matters much, but I do follow the advice and never have issues with cards so maybe there is something to it.

When formatting the memory card on a iMAC what are the formatting option settings?
I will be using Disk Utility on my iMAC.
The card will be in the USB slot with a micro holder.
I see the icon on the desktop and if I launch Disk Utility.
What is the protocol?
Erase (What Format?) MS-Dos(FAT), MAC OS Extended(Journaled), EX FAT????
Partition:1

How are the Directories (Folders) and file structures setup?

Jimbo

I would make it simple on yourself and just use the phone app select the cog as mentioned in another post, scroll down to the reformat icon and and use the camera to format the card. That is why it is there.

Another thing, max supported card size is 32 Gig for the card, the camera reportedly does not like some brands cards but I have not seen a list. SanDisk cards work fine though.

Format is Fat 32

You must solve why the camera will not read the card before you can do anything with the card or take photos/video

The camera will put it's own directory on the card when it goes to write a photo/video

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4