formatted card that came with P4P+: mistake???

Reaction score
I formatted 2gb card that comes with P4P+.
I meant to only format DCIM folder where the
DNGs are saved, not MISC folder.
Are both folders going to reappear when I take more photos???
If they're not, what to do? Thanks in advance.

Yes, the folders will be automatically recreated when needed.

Just FYI, you can't format just a folder. Only a disk/drive/partition can be formatted.

Yes, that's why I went to drive level
& then realized both folder gone after format...

Not sure about that.
Although DCIM & MISC folders may reappear,
there could have been something
inside MISC folder that doesn't reappear.
I know that to be true with memory cards in past.
(recovery tools for mistakenly deleted files, e.g.)

I had a toy grade quadcopter before my Phantom 4 that had a MicroSD card for the video/camera, I formatted it and while I was there changed the file system and allocation unit size to more standard settings. It worked great afterwards, the folders it uses were recreated but the funny part was before I did that it recorded in .mp4 and after formatting it and making those changes it recorded video in .avi, go figure.

Shortly after that I flew it out of range and watched it head off into the sunset and a few days after that I was a new Phantom owner, yay! Not 100% related to the OP's concern but an interesting side effect of changing those settings when formatting. At least on that other quadcopter.

I formatted 2gb card that comes with P4P+.
I meant to only format DCIM folder where the
DNGs are saved, not MISC folder.
Are both folders going to reappear when I take more photos???
If they're not, what to do? Thanks in advance.

My P4P+ came with a 16GB card?

And remember that deleting files when the card is in the computer doesn't nessecarily free up the memory file pointers, etc. don't always get reset properly. When you put it back in the bird you can get unexpected 'card full' messages. Even reformatting them in the PC can have the issue. My standard practice is to immediately transfer videos and pics to my laptop and to reformat the SD first thing when I put it into the gimbal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan