Formating SD card error

Reaction score
Hey everyone - By accident I tried to reformat (erase) my 32Gb SD card on my Mac and the files wouldn't erase. It's not in protected (lock) mode either. I tried manually deleting the files and they appear to be erased, until I pull the SD card from the laptop then re-insert it (then that all show up again). So I went to my P2+ and tried to reformat there and it said it failed to reformat.

Any ideas how to reformat so it works again?

Thanks!

Hey everyone - By accident I tried to reformat (erase) my 32Gb SD card on my Mac and the files wouldn't erase. It's not in protected (lock) mode either. I tried manually deleting the files and they appear to be erased, until I pull the SD card from the laptop then re-insert it (then that all show up again). So I went to my P2+ and tried to reformat there and it said it failed to reformat.

Any ideas how to reformat so it works again?

Thanks!
has to be locked

I messed around for two hours trying to format a 64G card FAT32 on my computer. Finally, I put the card in my Kodak camera. Format whole card FAT32 in about 30 seconds!

Such is electronics.... On you PC fat 32 is not the default. Try again and be sure to specify fat 32. May have to right click and run the format as administrator. Make sure you anti virus program didn't have you locked out too.

I have found my Phantom does a poor job of formatting the SD card, in fact when I format with my Phantom I still have data on the SD card and most times I get poor quality video including horizontal lines.
Here's what I do to CORRECTLY format a SD card on a Mac.
#1...In the upper RH corner of the screen click the magnifying glass icon,
a search window will open,
#2...Type in this search window "disk utility",
#3...Insert your SD card into your computer, you will see the SD card show in the LH side bar.
#4...Select "first aid" and run it,
#5...If there is an issue with the SD card it will tell you, click "repair" if it can't do a repair the SD card is junk, discard it.
if it can repair it will tell you and repair it.
#6...Now click on erase, select MS-DOS FAT and click "erase" once erase is complete you now have a verified good and correctly formatted SD card.
This has worked wonders for me.

Format it using the Phantom software.

Phantom software format for me doesn't always remove all the data plus I was getting lines in my vid.
Formatting like I mentioned above fixed the lines in my video.
Anyone else have this problem ??

Use a Android app called SD Insight. Check if the card is authentic. It could be a 'tricked' 4gig card.
I've had an "authentic" Samsung evo card that was an ebay fake.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31