forgot to unlock gimbal, crack the len??

Reaction score
Today was my first flight with P3 4K. Everything was fine and I was very careful taking off and landing.. I bought the DJI back shell bag. However, at home when I was trying to download my photos/videos to the computer. I powered on the drone without unlocking the gimbal and I think I heard a crack sound. And later on I saw a crack on the UV filter??? WTH... Anyone believe this will be the root cause or I just accidentally hit it somewhere before during packing or unpacking. The len is that vulnerable?? really??

Last edited:
Lens or UV filter? If it's the filter unscrew and have a close look. It shouldn't break easily unless it was over tightened and the glass was under stress.

Yes, it is the UV filter glass. I did not touch it since received brand new. Should I loose it a bit? Seems very tight.

They all seem very tight. It's just the way they are assembled.

Grasp the silver ring and spin it counter clockwise. Do not use a firm grip. Keep your grip loose.

You can use your prop wrench to help remove it. Or you can use rubber to help remove it like a thick rubberband.

Sent via Galaxy Note 4 & Tapatalk

Reactions: dirkclod
They all seem very tight. It's just the way they are assembled.

Grasp the silver ring and spin it counter clockwise. Do not use a firm grip. Keep your grip loose.

You can use your prop wrench to help remove it. Or you can use rubber to help remove it like a thick rubberband.

Sent via Galaxy Note 4 & Tapatalk

OMG it was so tight, I had to spend a lot effort... not sure why the factory did this ...

I dont think I hit it so not sure why the pressure was built.
Its usually because of the pressure put on the lens when a person grips it. It's not that it's put on tight. Best way to remove is to place a rubber band under your fingers and use as light of pressure as possible to remove.

I left my gimbal cover/protector/lock on once by mistake doing a FW update...15min before I noticed..only noticed because I heard a clicking that got louder and louder....but it was fine..checked it all later and great so I dont thing leaving it on caused the crack you have...maybe something hit it in the case?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4