forgetting to remove the gimbal-lock during power-on.

Reaction score
On a couple occasional, I've forgotten to remove the transparent gimbal-lock prior to powering on my phantom 2 vision+. I haven't noticed any damage to the gimbal, but I obviously try to remember to remove it every time. Has anyone actually damaged their gimbal as a direct result of powering on the phantom with the gimbal-lock still attached?

I actually just purchased those bright orange "remove before flight" keychains from Amazon because I sometimes forget to pull it off too. And because I was bored and apparently like to waste money haha got a set of 3 for $6

51mWw-0rFaL.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/aviation-motorcyc ... ore+flight

Same here. I forgot a few times. My gimbal works just fine.

JJM said:
I actually just purchased those bright orange "remove before flight" keychains from Amazon because I sometimes forget to pull it off too. And because I was bored and apparently like to waste money haha got a set of 3 for $6

I've got one of those on mine and I still forget.

happydays said:
Get an old prop, cut it down and write on it "remove lock". Put that on when you remove the props after each session. Then you can't forget to remove it as you have to take it off before you put the flight props on.

My case allows for the Phantom to be stored with all props still on. Another idea is to maybe paint the lock a bright color OR buy a different gimbal lock. I remember seeing one that incorporated the lens protector into it and was basically an arm that clamped to the landing gear. They made them in all kinds of colors.

Done.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420595776.372583.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420595776.372583.jpg
    320.5 KB · Views: 567
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420595792.408508.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420595792.408508.jpg
    280.6 KB · Views: 556
JJM said:

Why would you need 3?? :lol:

ELHEAPO said:
JJM said:

Why would you need 3?? :lol:

Well it was only $1 more than the single for the set of 3. And in case one gets dirty? I don't know! Haha

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1