P3 Firmware Forced update question

S

sandman259

Msinger mentioned if you don't want to update keep your system in the bubble. Not even connected to wifi. My question is if you haven't updated your app in a while and you don't log in when you fire up your bird to go fly then how do you receive this message? Is it only when you have the latest app version? When you fire up the app and your drone does in automatically connect to the dji mainframe regardless if your logged in or not?

What device are you using (IOS or Android)? While back, DJI force Android users to update their GO app to the latest that incorporated the geofencing. Dont know if they have 'forced' any subsequent updates. Anytime you are on the app and connected to the internet such as when downloading maps, the app is going to check for updates. IOS users were never affected. I'm still running 2.8.6 on my iPad. I get a message the the app needs updated which I just click off and continue flying.

I'm running iOS as well. I never get the message that it needs updating. I only know theres an update when I go to the App Store. Which I just ignore

I was just wondering about this very issue, seems a lot of folk have problems including app failures and crashes of their AC after firmware update. Sounds a little like the way windows used to crash at every new os.

So what's the point if your using a stable system and flying is safe what are the benefits versus the potential disasters of updating?

Also has anyone sued DJI for being the cause of a crash leading to loss of AC or worse? Surely they have a responsibly to ensure their software doesn't cause failures?

Reactions: RW8888
IMG_1496044352.563538.jpg

Just updated the app and it prompted me to log in. Everything took fine. Got tired of hearing all of this "omg they are screwing us over!!!" talk. So yes I did it, update and everything. Took it out for a flight 2230 hours (east coast). Threw on the whip Antennas (to lazy to put the full conquer on). Went out 4500 feet dostance and 500 feet altitude. Pitch black. Take the update guys....its not that serious. Gnite!

Reactions: RW8888
When does this new order take place. I was informed that this week was the last week. Well i downloaded dji go4 and i had to register and it worked ok. I also opened dji go and it didn't make me register. However i saw some place a couple of days ago that dji go would only run the P3 series. This app had all the p's . I also have a P3S. This was Wednesday. i used both app to fly my p4 and they both did a great job. I can't get any info our of DJI. Is everything going to take place at the last minute on Firday?

Mine was blocked since 1.6 and I was on 1.4. It won't harm anything. I only recently unblocked Go and updated to 1.7.6 only for testing purposes. Other than update required notification and changing splash screens, it's pointless for me on the P3. There's no new options I'm missing out on. If anything I have features newer FW isn't allowed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan