Forced gimbal overload a problem?

Reaction score
I need to calibrate the P3's camera to use Photomodeler software. This requires taking multiple shots of a calibration drawing at various angles (Landscape, Portrait Right, Portrait Left). The only way I can figure to do this is to keep the gimbal lock on so the gimbal does not move while I'm taking these shots. Will this cause damage or is the gimbal smart enough to sense it can't move so it stops trying?

Probably not a good idea.
Can you suspend the Phantom without props and shoot straight down to target beneath the P3 and move the target to the angles you need?

I need to calibrate the P3's camera to use Photomodeler software. This requires taking multiple shots of a calibration drawing at various angles (Landscape, Portrait Right, Portrait Left). The only way I can figure to do this is to keep the gimbal lock on so the gimbal does not move while I'm taking these shots. Will this cause damage or is the gimbal smart enough to sense it can't move so it stops trying?

Did you ever find a solution? I have the same interest. Even if the initial calibration is slightly off, it appears to be able to be refined using real world measurements. It's that initial starting point.

No. I pretty much wrote Photomodeler scanner off. There are better products. My favorite now is Agisoft's PhotoScan.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20