For TN/KY pilots

Reaction score
I'll stake a claim in the southeast region for all interested owners/pilots in Tennessee and Kentucky. I'm right on the border between the two, in Clarksville TN, but I'd be interested in meetups and other networking with anyone in the region.

I have a number of both personal and professional uses in mind for my new Phantom, and would welcome discussion on either.

Hey I'm Nashville, TN. Is there any guys in this area??? I just got my phantom and looking for different things to do with it. I'm not in it professionally just recreational at the moment.

Chris Jolly
Hermitage, TN

cjolly3053 said:
Hey I'm Nashville, TN. Is there any guys in this area??? I just got my phantom and looking for different things to do with it. I'm not in it professionally just recreational at the moment.

Chris Jolly
Hermitage, TN

Hi Chris, cool name! I have some friends in Nashville who have been wanting to see my Phantom, so I'll probably be brining it there before long. If you're ever up in this area, or know of anywhere cool to fly between here and there, let me know and we can fly together. I'll also be happy to answer any questions you have about the Phantom.

-Chris

In Paris, TN. Have Phantom, GoPro Hero 3+ and would love input on other accessories like FPV. Using for Real Estate photography and other photography opportunities. New to flying and would love to learn as much as could with meet ups or discussion boards.

David
Paris, TN

DRFitzu said:
In Paris, TN. Have Phantom, GoPro Hero 3+ and would love input on other accessories like FPV. Using for Real Estate photography and other photography opportunities. New to flying and would love to learn as much as could with meet ups or discussion boards.

David
Paris, TN

Hi David! I was actually planning on doing some recreational flying/filming on the river somewhere between here and there in the near future. You're welcome to join me, we can chew the fat and talk shop :)

Sounds good, let me know when, sounds like the weather is not going to be good for a few days

DRFitzu said:
Do you have the fpv on your phantom, if so do they show you low battery

I do have an FPV setup on my Phantom, but I haven't connected an OSD (On-Screen Display) to it to display battery level (and other info). Instead I'm using an aftermarket Transmitter/Receiver which sends batt info and other telemetry to a small (2") display on my Tx.

Here's what the display looks like: http://www.alofthobbies.com/lcd-display.html

Here's what it looks like on my Tx (the small screen at the top): http://i.imgur.com/HVxfOAS.jpg

I'll mount my FPV monitor on there as well at some point, I use a tripod for now.

There's a number of different telemetry modules that can be connected, providing things like GPS coordinates, battery level as well as current draw, and more.

Hi , My names Jay Warren i recently got a P2V here in Nashville. I have a website at www.airspaceimaging.com we are looking at doing some real estate photography etc. Id like to meet some like minded people and discuss ideas and problems with small platform aerial photography.I feel like we should all be on the same team here, if you see someone doing something stupid with there FPV you should try to talk some since into them. I Have been flying RC for almost ten years and have seen it all. Prop strikes on hands,crashes,money down the drain,bad decisions... It goes on and on.

I did some pylon racing , aerobatic compettions ,giant scale etc. I see my P2V as tool for aerial phototgraphy ,nothing more or less.
The idea of flying beyond LOS sounds cool , but i dont feel compelled to risk my P2V at this point. It does such a good job at still photography and i dont need anything beyond LOS for that.

better luck!
Jay "birddogg" Warren

Hi all,
Am in Bowling Green, Ky. & just got my Phantom 2 Vision today. Charged all of the batteries up and did a quick back yard flight/video. Very nice. Looking to get with others in the area to swap ideas and info and spend time flying. There is a RC park here with a really nice paved runway and an active RC club. Good place to do videos of RC planes from the air... If interested, email me. [email protected] or reply here.

Barry

OI Photography said:
I'll stake a claim in the southeast region for all interested owners/pilots in Tennessee and Kentucky. I'm right on the border between the two, in Clarksville TN, but I'd be interested in meetups and other networking with anyone in the region.

I have a number of both personal and professional uses in mind for my new Phantom, and would welcome discussion on either.

I'm in Louisville, KY. Not really up for driving hundreds of miles but if a meet closer to me opens up count me in.

Chattanooga, TN here. If you're in the area, PM me!

Reactions: Dadah
Portland, TN here. A few months ago I got the Phantom 2 (Non-Vision), FPV setup, iOSD Mini. I've been having a blast with it, really impressed with the distance you can go with the non-vision model. I have used it for work. I have thought of offering it as a service and at least making my money back (real estate listings, business needs, etc....so many possibilities). Here is an interesting article on the legality of "making money" using UAV.....and a clever way around it: http://www.steadidrone.eu/who-said-you-cant-make-money-using-uav/

stewdaddy said:
Portland, TN here. A few months ago I got the Phantom 2 (Non-Vision), FPV setup, iOSD Mini. I've been having a blast with it, really impressed with the distance you can go with the non-vision model. I have used it for work. I have thought of offering it as a service and at least making my money back (real estate listings, business needs, etc....so many possibilities). Here is an interesting article on the legality of "making money" using UAV.....and a clever way around it: http://www.steadidrone.eu/who-said-you-cant-make-money-using-uav/

That's an clever approach that several people are using, but I'm not quite sure it would hold up in court if it ever came to that. However, it's moot here in the US currently, following the federal judge's ruling a couple of weeks ago saying the FAA has no current regulations in place that apply to UAV's like the Phantom. In other words, any type of use is legal here right now.

This is a great place to keep up on the current pulse of drone-related law in the US: http://dronelawjournal.com/

BTW, I'll be in Nashville this weekend to meet a client, and plan to do some flying Sat morning at least...anybody who will be in the area is welcome to join me.

OI Photography said:
stewdaddy said:

That's an clever approach that several people are using, but I'm not quite sure it would hold up in court if it ever came to that. However, it's moot here in the US currently, following the federal judge's ruling a couple of weeks ago saying the FAA has no current regulations in place that apply to UAV's like the Phantom. In other words, any type of use is legal here right now.

This is a great place to keep up on the current pulse of drone-related law in the US: http://dronelawjournal.com/

BTW, I'll be in Nashville this weekend to meet a client, and plan to do some flying Sat morning at least...anybody who will be in the area is welcome to join me.

Awesome! Thanks for the info!

I live near Cookeville TN and would enjoy getting together anytime. There are some wonderful places to fly in this area.

hcameron said:
I live near Cookeville TN and would enjoy getting together anytime. There are some wonderful places to fly in this area.

My girlfriend's son goes to school in Cookeville, and yes I imagine there's some gorgeous places to fly around there...I'll ping you the next time we spend the day down there and I'll bring my Phantom and/or 550.

Sorry I missed your reply! Give me a call when you come to Cookeville. Gainesboro isn't far away and there are some great places to fly. Put 1A7 (Jackson County Airport) in Google earth and you can see my house. I look forward to a visit.

DRFitzu said:

David
Paris, TN

Wow, you're very close to where I live. I'm from dresden tn. Any time you wanna fly let me know. I'm fairly new to the phantom but I've been flying 4 channel helis for over 7 years now. Actually I might've seen you around that bbq place flying a while back if you're the same person I'm thinking about.

-currently flying the fc40 w/no mods

Gonna try to get some shots of the paris tn Eiffel tower and maybe paris landing tomorrow. I'll probably post the videos tomorrow as well. Nobody seems to have any good videos of it on YouTube so I'm gonna change that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.