***For those that read my post back on the 17th about my p4 fly away!

Your log was split into at least two files then. The other log file should be right before the file you uploaded.

Please some one buy my remote.. i will throw in the case it came with the phantom.

Please some one buy my remote.. i will throw in the case it came with the phantom.

Can you upload the log before this one? it should be dated the same date. This iwll show what ur saying about GPS - Thank you sir.

Can you upload the log before this one? it should be dated the same date. This iwll show what ur saying about GPS - Thank you sir.

That is the problem... that is the only one there.. besides 2 from the day before.. i can upload those.. The question is, how can you have more that one log while on the air.??? it should be the same one until you start over.

I think DJI GO always starts a new log when the remote controller signal is lost and reconnected. Otherwise, you should only have one log.

I think DJI GO always starts a new log when the remote controller signal is lost and reconnected. Otherwise, you should only have one log.

I think that is the problem.. when i lost GPS and lost complete control over the aircraft, i lost video, even though i was looking at the aircraft.. i exit the app and went back in and thats what probably happened.. it did not save the first one??

Exiting the app will surely cause a new log to be created too. There should be a log for the portion of the flight before restarting DJI GO. Can you upload a screenshot of the list of logs you have?

That's an interesting flight record - and one that doesn't give much concrete data to work with.
What it does show is a flight record starting at 44% battery after a period where the downlink had been lost for 13 mins 20 secs.
Losing the downlink means that video signal from the Phantom was not received by the controller for whatever reason, but the control signal had not been lost.
BUT for some reason GPS signal was lost so the Phantom did not know where it was and could not come home when/if you tried to initiate RTH or the Phantom reached low battery and tried to failsafe RTH itself.
Because there was no GPS signal, the lat/long numbers are zero zero which shows up on Google Earth in the ocean off west Africa.

Strangely after a minute and a half, the Phantom thinks it is 5748 miles from home and can measure speed - for the previous 1.5 minutes it had no idea of speed or distance.
The flight record continues in a WSW direction (perhaps it gets this from the compass?) until the flight record stops at 16:27 and 31% battery.
Speed recorded is slow but direction (if this is believable) is erratic

What is unknown is ... why was there no GPS?
This is the critical factor.
Was this a hardware fault or was the Phantom somewhere with an interrupted view of the sky?
Where was the flight and what went on previously?
What happened after 31% battery?

That's an interesting flight record - and one that doesn't give much concrete data to work with.
What it does show is a flight record starting at 44% battery after a period where the downlink had been lost for 13 mins 20 secs.
Losing the downlink means that video signal from the Phantom was not received by the controller for whatever reason, but the control signal had not been lost.
BUT for some reason GPS signal was lost so the Phantom did not know where it was and could not come home when/if you tried to initiate RTH or the Phantom reached low battery and tried to failsafe RTJH itself.
Because there was no GPS signal, the lat/long numbers are zero zero which shows up on Google Earth in the ocean off west Africa.

Strangely after a minute and a half, the Phantom thinks it is 5748 miles from home and can measure speed - for the previous 1.5 minutes it had no idea of speed or distance.
The flight record continues in a WSW direction (perhaps it gets this from the compass?) until the flight record stops at 16:27 and 31% battery.
Speed recorded is slow but direction (if this is believable) is erratic

What is unknown is ... why was there no GPS?
This is the critical factor.
Was this a hardware fault or was the Phantom somewhere with an interrupted view of the sky?
Where was the flight and what went on previously?
What happened after 31% battery?

Right after i tested sport mode.. I switched to Pmode and The GPS just went off. it disconnected on PMODE.. It was obviously a hardware problem i was not able to control it at all. The sky was clear at it was from the same place i have always flown my other drones. I totally lost video and did not see the aircraft again.

Last edited:
Right after i testd sport mode.. The GPS just went off. it disconnected on PMODE.. It was obviously a hardware problem i was not able to control it at all. The sky was clear at it was from the same place i have always flown my other drones. I totally lost video and did not see the aircraft again.
Our data analysis department was able to review your flight logs, and determine that the cause of your incident was most likely user error.
DJI's explanation is no explanation.
1. There is a hardware error there with the GPS totally shut down in clear air.
The control difficulty should not have happened just because GPS failed.
2. DJI have offered no explanation of what the user error is and I can't see any indication in the flight record that we've seen.
If DJI are going to reject the claim, they should explain the error that they are basing their decision on.
I suspect that you have been dealing with someone that doesn't know what they are doing and they have just taken the easy out rather than look ito things properly.

Push them to explain what happened to your GPS and control, and what is the "user errer" that they think they can see evidence of.

Our data analysis department was able to review your flight logs, and determine that the cause of your incident was most likely user error.
DJI's explanation is no explanation.
1. There is a hardware error there with the GPS totally shut down in clear air.
The control difficulty should not have happened just because GPS failed.
2. DJI have offered no explanation of what the user error is and I can't see any indication in the flight record that we've seen.
If DJI are going to reject the claim, they should explain the error that they are basing their decision on.
I suspect that you have been dealing with someone that doesn't know what they are doing and they have just taken the easy out rather than look ito things properly.

Push them to explain what happened to your GPS and control, and what is the "user errer" that they think they can see evidence of.

Thank you for your help.. i wish DJI was reading here.. as of right now they said no one will contact me.. it is so unfair for them to only offer me 15% after being a loyal customer and showing all this info that they know is a hardware problem.. and to tell me to keep the remote as a spare instead of selling me just the aircraft and a discounted price.. They are making money twice with the same customer and blaming everything else but their hardware. I have spent over 6k with them over a 3 year period.

Here is the link to the video log i was able to recover.. I just looked at it myself and it does not show me taking off and it shows always on anti mode which is not TRUE because it was on P-mode when i took off and i even played with it on sports mode for a few seconds and that doesn't show there either, its like missing the beginning of it. I don't get it!

Phantom 3 Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
Ralph

Check you PM...

That is the problem... that is the only one there.. besides 2 from the day before.. i can upload those.. The question is, how can you have more that one log while on the air.??? it should be the same one until you start over.
Yes your right, usually 1 log per flight.... I have never seen a split log.

But this does show your phantom some how lost its GPS signal and with out GPS it will just drift with the wind unless your fly it back yourself.

So its not a fly away per say, it just drifted with the wind as it had no GPS.

Yes your right, usually 1 log per flight.... I have never seen a split log.

But this does show your phantom some how lost its GPS signal and with out GPS it will just drift with the wind unless your fly it back yourself.

So its not a fly away per say, it just drifted with the wind as it had no GPS.
yeah,, but i was not able to control it at all.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj