For those of you that might be interested - P3 makes front page

I think the government should step in. I'm a big supporter of regulation. It will hopefully cut down on the crazies. But when they mentioned that they are wanting to register EVERY "drone". It kinda makes me nervous. I don't know why there is a difference in my head. I guess it's because if I want to fly under hobby rules I should have that right. But if I want to fly professionally I should also have that right. But Making the hobbyist register kinda raises an eyebrow!

Yes. I support the regulation of UAVs for commercial use. If your Barber has to get certified for holding dull scissors near your head then a UAV pilot should also get licensed. I think their should be tiers of what you can and can't do as a licensed operator or hobbyist. But maybe that's just the Pro in me wanting to make sure the idiot down the street does't mess it up for us professionals.

I think the government should step in. I'm a big supporter of regulation. It will hopefully cut down on the crazies. But when they mentioned that they are wanting to register EVERY "drone". It kinda makes me nervous. I don't know why there is a difference in my head. I guess it's because if I want to fly under hobby rules I should have that right. But if I want to fly professionally I should also have that right. But Making the hobbyist register kinda raises an eyebrow!
you say your are for registration but kinda step back the further you talk about registration - registering every drone is just plain government over-reach and over reaction to a manufactured problem - yes their are crazies out there - no regulation will stop stupidity - UAV (not that I agree with this) should be treated no differently than RC aircraft

Yes. I support the regulation of UAVs for commercial use. If your Barber has to get certified for holding dull scissors near your head then a UAV pilot should also get licensed. I think their should be tiers of what you can and can't do as a licensed operator or hobbyist. But maybe that's just the Pro in me wanting to make sure the idiot down the street does't mess it up for us professionals.
some form of a license might make sense - safety training better choice - but a pilot's license to fly a UAV commercially, give me a break!

you say you are for registration
Sorry maybe I wasn't as clear. I'm 100% for licensing but I think registering every drone is overreach. As I said that makes me nervous. Licencing for commercial is already a thing.

A full blown pilots license is never going to happen. I have flown drone commercially at an active airport. I was given permission by the airport. I had the airport director standing at my side while in constant communication with the tower. I got talking to the director and the way he made it sound was that possibility the FAA would require a ground pilots license. Which is a certification to communicate with towers and flights. This would be great becuase I have personally seen helicopters and planes flying super low. I asked the director about that and he said yeah but how is the FAA going to find out if the airplane pilot is flying to low. They can't.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20