For the pros

Reaction score
I do not want to mess my drone up. So like some of you suggested ive read manual front to back, watched video's etc and still shy to pull the trigger on flight, but i feel im getting a lot closer. So here's my question. If the p4 comes in beginner mode would it be advised to charge battery,controller, load app get her ready for flight if all loads ,boots up (device) etc why not go ahead and put it in the air either by auto launch and land then maybe even manually it can on fly what like 90m. That way i can check to see if everything is working fine and still won't get out a site.

What exactly is your question? Are you asking if you should use beginner mode for your first flight? If so, I think it's more important that you fly in a wide open area that's free of all obstacles. You won't need to worry about restricting the distance then.

As for automation like the auto takeoff feature, I think it's better to always be in full control of your Phantom at all times. There really is no reason for most people to use the auto takeoff feature.

Reactions: uavflyr and Pharm
It's surprisingly super easy to fly. I'd suggest finding an open, mowed field or possibly a football field to start. Start in beginner mode until your totally comfortable. You'll have a ton of fun.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I understand your question and concerns.

Beginner mode only restricts the height and distance to which you can fly your aircraft to, rest all remain the same. You got to charge the batteries to 100%, calibrate the drone and follow all other procedures.

It's so easy to fly a phantom , you are getting tensed for no reason. Avoid flying near buildings, structures and trees etc as most of the accidents take place by hitting them. Go to open field , pick a flat surface and take off manually and quickly to 15-20 feet up and leave the sticks. It will hover.. try to lower it down and up. Forward and back.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Shooke
I always start off auto take off, let hover for a few seconds. And always land manual. Not sure why.

I've only had my P3P for one day. But I've been researching the drone life for quite a while. But I will always launch manually, of course launch from a level platform and use full throttle up to about ten ft.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl