For the attn. of P3 owners that owned an FC40

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just a curiosity question and perhaps the wrong place to post this but since us P3 owners have probably graduated from FC40's then perhaps it is not out of place to post here.

I bought a P3A a week ago and am still learning about it before I screw on the props. Another week should do it though.

I read that the P3's not only use the (US) GPS satellite system but also the (Russian) GLONASS system.

My question - out of curiosity alone - because I still fly my FC40, is, does the FC40 also take advantage of the GLONASS system? I cant find out the answer anywhere and it would be interesting to know.

I do have one question, however, relating to the P3A. What do you recommend for the battery settings on the Go App regarding the Low and critical battery warning. My default setting is 30% and 10% respectively.

One other question is that when I connect the a/c and controller, then the tablet and open the Go app, the P3 hisses gently. The tablet has Wi-Fi disabled. Is it because the a/c just doesn't like me or has it taken lessons from the wife? :D

Thanks for any replies,

Pete

The FC40 was GPS only and not very accurate.

I use 20 & 10 on battery (just keep an eye on it) but you will find 20 mins such fun after only 5 or so on the fc40.

The only noise you might hear on the P3 is the gimbal buzz very slightly.

have fun :)

does the FC40 also take advantage of the GLONASS system?
The FC40 specs do not mention GLONASS, so I'm assuming it does not have it.

What do you recommend for the battery settings on the Go App regarding the Low and critical battery warning. My default setting is 30% and 10% respectively.
Those defaults work just fine for most people. Keep in mind that your Phantom will auto land at its current location when it hits the critical low battery level. So, you don't want to set it too high.

One other question is that when I connect the a/c and controller, then the tablet and open the Go app, the P3 hisses gently.
Are you able to capture a video of this? If so, please post it here.

Thank you for your replies.

Msinger, I will have an attempt to capture a video of this in due course, and post it.

The buzzing / hissing does come from the a/c and not the gimbal.

Pete

The FC40 specs do not mention GLONASS, so I'm assuming it does not have it.

Those defaults work just fine for most people. Keep in mind that your Phantom will auto land at its current location when it hits the critical low battery level. So, you don't want to set it too high.

Are you able to capture a video of this? If so, please post it here.

Erm. On closer investigation I discovered there is a fan on the gimbal and this is what I was hearing.

I live and learn. :rolleyes:

Thanks Msinger

The FC40 was GPS only and not very accurate.

I use 20 & 10 on battery (just keep an eye on it) but you will find 20 mins such fun after only 5 or so on the fc40.

The only noise you might hear on the P3 is the gimbal buzz very slightly.

have fun :)

Thanks Robin. My next question is how much flight time is there in between the low battery warning and the critical on the settings you have please.

My next question is how much flight time is there in between the low battery warning and the critical on the settings you have please.
There are many factors involved here. For starters -- the current outdoor temperature, wind speed, wind direction, flight mode, and battery health. Rather than relying on a time that is always variable, it would be better to watch the battery voltage.

Reactions: deltamike
Thanks. That makes sense. I realize my question was rather like 'How long is a piece of string'.

I am still locked into the FC40 scenario where running out of juice could be a guesstimate at the best of times.

Cheers

Pete

I just flew my P3A this past weekend for the first time. I am coming from an FC40 just like you.

Trust me, there is no comparison. The P3 is a joy to use...very stable, all the info such as signal strength and battery percentage right on the screen. (With my FC40 I had a small kitchen timer velcroed to the remote and would come back and land at between 7 and 8 minutes)
And then there are the less obvious things that make the experience so much better...the tilt wheel to move the camera up and down may be my favorite plus...or the nearly 20 minute flight times...and even all the camera settings and controls.

Also, wait until the first time you look at the video it takes...you are going to be amazed at the difference.

Reactions: deltamike

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr