For SF Bay Area Members

Just a rambling... but... I know that can stop you for taking off and landing within the park but what is to stop you from taking off outside of the boundaries of the park and do a fly over? Can the state say you need to stay out of the airspace of the park? There a ski area up the road that says no drones are allowed... I know they can kick you off of the ski area property but if you took off and landed outside of the ski area... but flew over...

Just rambling

I sent an email asking if the FAA has given the authority to control airspace above the parks. Can't wait for their answer.

I sent an email asking if the FAA has given the authority to control airspace above the parks. Can't wait for their answer.
What they'll tell you is that cities can impose an ordinance or laws prohibiting you from flying in their city parks.

In my city while flying a police car pulled up and the officer said, "You do know you shouldn't be flying in the park." I nodded & said I'd land it right away. He said I don't see anyone else around so go ahead & enjoy it.

What they'll tell you is that cities can impose an ordinance or laws prohibiting you from flying in their city parks.

In my city while flying a police car pulled up and the officer said, "You do know you shouldn't be flying in the park." I nodded & said I'd land it right away. He said I don't see anyone else around so go ahead & enjoy it.
What City is that if you don't mind me asking?

As far as them citing they can impose such laws. I'd ask to the see their authorization from the FAA to do so.

The FAA has nothing to do with how a city, town, or village determines if flying a model in their parks is permitted or not with their by-laws or the passing of ordinances prohibiting it. Your best bet is to contact your city government office & ask first before finding out the hard way with a possible fine.

The FAA has control of NAS. Including airspace over cities, towns and villages. Trust me, I'm not looking to cause trouble. But in the area I live in, these "regional parks" are by far the safest place to fly. I can understand their ban on model airplanes, as that could include a gas powered craft. That would be a fire risk. I get that. If my P3 went down, I seriously doubt it will cause a fire. If anything it will cause me heartburn!!! [emoji23][emoji23]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4