For Sale: Carbon Fiber Foldable Legs

Reaction score
Long time lurker, but now that I have a surplus of unneeded parts, I thought I'd share with my fellow Phantom pilots.

These legs are from Helipal.com. Take a look at this link for specs and pictures. They're tall enough to clear the Tarot 2D gimbal and probably others.

I purchased them last month and they work great. The only reason I'm selling them is because I ended up designing my own that mounts dual batteries. Asking for $40 (US shipping included). International we'll have to figure out.

If you've any questions, feel free to PM me.
Thanks!

The legs look interesting... very light weight. But, I see that Helipal deleted a very negative review (available as cached with a Google search), which said the legs (and compass position) seriously degraded the Phantom's performance. Have you experienced any problems using the legs?

At first I did experience some issues, but found out that you have to mount the compass in its original orientation (so perpendicular to the way these face). A calibration (both compass and IMU) had it flying fine.

Thanks for reminding me to post that tip.

@Gearloose, I seem unable to respond to your PM, but figured everyone ought to know how to mount the compass to these legs.

I drew you a picture: :D

kR1oOQb.png

The wires obviously are a bit neater than that, forgive my speed. I was concerned about not having enough cable length, but ended up being fine. A benefit to having the compass right at the end, is that the legs fold all the way down without issue.

I would like to purchase them. I tried to PM, but I a new user, so I don't think that is activated yet. Please email me at: cl (at) laselvasurf.com

Thank you!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl