Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Footage from Third Party Gimbals

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by disjecta, Feb 15, 2014.

1. disjecta

I see that many users on the board have received their Dronexpert gimbals but I have hardly seen any footage. Anyone care to share video shot with this gimbal (and/or the Rotorpixel when available)?

2. AllanVB

From Oregon: Hopefully, the weather will allow me up today or tomorrow... I will post. Installation was assisted by dronexpert when I ran into a problem, but was resolved within 1 day. They had conflicting installs on web and youtube. But so far so go... will post asap.
    Have a great weekend.

3. Sledge

From the (very cold) Chicago area - I finally worked out some bugs with the Dronexpert gimbal and the 7th channel tilt control.....and a pesky TX calibration issue that coincided with this upgrade. It seems to work perfectly now.

So I went to fly yesterday and test the gimbal with some video shooting and, wouldn't you know it, the extreme cold nixed my iPhone5 battery after about 2 minutes of flying.
    I was able to test out IOC for the first time.....home lock is pretty freaking awesome and a nice backup to std gps flying. (but the proper IOC LED sequence escapes and confuses me....any suggestions/reminders?)

Tee 7th channel tilt seems nice.......video sample to come as soon as it gets above freezing!!!! (anyone else have this issue with their iPhones?)

4. Seahorse

Here they are.