Footage from SD Card to Mac

Reaction score
Dear Forum,

Can you please tell me the best way to pull the footage from my SD card (Phantom 2 Vision+) to my Mac. I've been sending over wireless to my iPhone then uploading to iPhoto but I'm worried about loss of video quality. Is this true? Will that happen?

The file is unreadable by iMovie & iPhoto.

Is there a program (like Go Pro) which will convert the footage?

Thanks for your help.

Download a RAW file reader/editor if this is the file you cannot read. I have an micro SD card reader that I use whenever I want to pull directly from the card, however I haven't noticed any difference in quality pulling directly or wirelessly from Phantom.

A file is a file, there will be no video degradation by transferring if over wireless/blue tooth/usb/reader

The only reason I would not transfer wireless myself is how long it would take and you will run the batteries down quicker in the gopro (ok that's two reasons)

jamcox said:
Dear Forum,

Can you please tell me the best way to pull the footage from my SD card (Phantom 2 Vision+) to my Mac. I've been sending over wireless to my iPhone then uploading to iPhoto but I'm worried about loss of video quality. Is this true? Will that happen?

The file is unreadable by iMovie & iPhoto.

Is there a program (like Go Pro) which will convert the footage?

Thanks for your help.[/quoteD
The file loads directly from my microSD card directly into my Mac. Buy a new micro SD card BUNDLED TOGETHER WITH AN ADAPTER TO FULL SD. Now you have two micro SD cards to use in your Phantom and you can put both of them into your adapter and then the adapter will plug directly into your Mac. The microSD card will then show in the Finder just like any other drive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31