following my Dad with phantom 4 on his 1st flight

I really did not mean to hurt your feelings. It is just an observation, based on experience.

Doesn't hurt my feelings in the slightest. Annoys me yes. But I won't loose sleep over it.

I find it funny how on can make an observation like that without knowing the person. But there we go.

Doesn't hurt my feelings in the slightest. Annoys me yes. But I won't loose sleep over it.

I find it funny how on can make an observation like that without knowing the person. But there we go.
I don't need to know the person. I'm looking at the flying. And I've been a flight instructor for 40 years.

Sheesh. You both need to take a chill pill. I thought it was funny. I hate to anybody get their feelings hurt of such a minor thing. Of course when I mentioned I had an issue and revealed my battery was at 68% I soon got the expected "NEVER TAKE OFF WITH A BATTERY THAT ISN'T 100%! ;p

Phantoms are really easy to learn. Just remember not to panic, just let go of the sticks and breathe [emoji106]

I don't need to know the person. I'm looking at the flying. And I've been a flight instructor for 40 years.
Then you should know these things pretty much fly themselves, it's not a CP nitro heli- loose your nerve with these things and all you need do is let go of the sticks and it will sit and wait for you to collect your thoughts. I think we all suspected you were joking, you did sort of pee on Dazza's moment with his Dad though....

Reactions: Dazzauk
Super impressed with your flying skills. Keeping that Phantom in frame when it's moving like that is not easy. That was fun to watch.

Then you should know these things pretty much fly themselves, it's not a CP nitro heli- loose your nerve with these things and all you need do is let go of the sticks and it will sit and wait for you to collect your thoughts. I think we all suspected you were joking, you did sort of pee on Dazza's moment with his Dad though....
Yea, I never intended that. I was just being lighthearted. Such fragile personality's nowadays.

Yea, I never intended that. I was just being lighthearted. Such fragile personality's nowadays.

Mate its fine, honestly,

i think you just need to realise, you did NOT hurt my feelings in any way, you just got my back up, if we were face to face we would have had a minute long heated coversation about it and it would have been done, thats it,,

You are obviously entitled to your own opinion, just remember you voiced it online and about my old man, now if you think i was gonna ignore it then that was an oversight on your part..

But its done its all good, and thanks everyone for the replies

TBH honest you probably did me a favor because this thread suddenly got a lot more views lol...

Been out with me DAD today, and hes a million times better already, i think hes gonna make some great movies, and his phantom control will be as good as anyone elses, i will post another son & dad video soon :)

Mate its fine, honestly,

i think you just need to realise, you did NOT hurt my feelings in any way, you just got my back up, if we were face to face we would have had a minute long heated coversation about it and it would have been done, thats it,,

You are obviously entitled to your own opinion, just remember you voiced it online and about my old man, now if you think i was gonna ignore it then that was an oversight on your part..

But its done its all good, and thanks everyone for the replies

TBH honest you probably did me a favor because this thread suddenly got a lot more views lol...

Been out with me DAD today, and hes a million times better already, i think hes gonna make some great movies, and his phantom control will be as good as anyone elses, i will post another son & dad video soon :)
He will get good, there is doubt in my mind. What surprised me was how fearless he was from the get-go. Looking forward to more footage of his exploits. By the way, I totally agree with someone else that posted her; great work on your part, following his unpredictable movements!

He will get good, there is doubt in my mind. What surprised me was how fearless he was from the get-go. Looking forward to more footage of his exploits. By the way, I totally agree with someone else that posted her; great work on your part, following his unpredictable movements!

Thanks dude :)

Thanks dude :)
Pleasure is all mine. Have a ball with your dad. I flew "real" planes with my dad for 50 years; he taught me to fly when I was (8) years old. Irreplaceable memories. He died just before this sport got going, but he would have loved these computerized machines. And, he would have flown them like a lunatic.

Dads are lovely creatures aren't they - and it's nice to have infected him with a similar interest - Enjoy and cherish your time together. Mine died about 20 years ago - and I still miss him!

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4