"Follow the Leader"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reviews are in! Here's what critics are saying about "Follow the Leader":

"Dirty Bird is Public Enemy #1" - James Comey, Director FBI

"Did you see those streaks of light dude?" - Sean Penn, actor, stoner, Communist sympathizer

"Can he please stop mentioning body armor & a fly-over being the only safe way to visit Baltimore?" - Stephanie Rawlings-Blake, Mayor of Baltimore

"Curses! Foiled again!" - Snydley Whiplash, Canadian criminal, nemesis of Dudley

"It's against the rules. You're going to ruin the hobby for everyone!" - Anonymous

"I'm Matt Damon!" - Matt Damon, actor, left-wing wacknut

:"Asinine!" - Morgas Resnak, PhantomPilots member

"They really know how to get high, man!"
- Tommy Chong, actor, comedian, stoner, entrepreneur

"Εάν μόνο ήξερα!" ("If only I had known!") - Icarus, son of Daedalus, first recorded attempt at manned flight

"I'll get you Dirty Bird if it's the last thing I do!" - Kavon Williams, career criminal, incidentally caught on video committing armed-robbery during a test flight

"A few of these contraptions would have changed the outcome of Waterloo. Sacre' bleu!"
- Napoleon Bonaparte, emperor, general

"Great video that I did not watch" [of you] "flying around World Trade Center's at night with two drones..." - Disgruntled senior citizen of Glenside, PA, caused massive wildfire when shorts ignited, inspiration for "Carl Fredericksen" character in the film"Up!" (Pixar took liberties in giving the character hair, teeth, & fireproof shorts)

"I'm reporting you to the authorities!"
- Crash Hancock, blogger, crasher of all things that fly

"Who is Dirty Bird & who gives a crap?" - Mr. Clean, Product spokesman

"Stay on the leader!" - Darth Vader, Sith Lord

"He's going to ruin my company!" - Frank Wang, DJI CEO

Last edited:
I love the way the leader changes direction and looks like he starts to descend at 5:11...
Your videos are awesome.
My next trip to Baltimore I'll let you know. I'd love to make that run!
Thanks for sharing the great flights!
MB

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Fat Daddy
Thanks. That's exactly what the lead bird is doing too. That is the highest point in the mission before descending some 300' on the way back to the WTC (World Trade Center) spiral which begins at 400'. What was really cool was the chase bird's pan was perfectly timed to stay on the lead bird. That happens down in the harbor near the Constellation (the tall ship) when the lead bird makes the hard left & the chase bird pans perfectly. I missed two others though...@ Legg Mason & top of the Ritz, but I added an extra waypoint at each to keep the camera pointed towards the turn a bit longer. We'll find out if that fixes it next time I run the mission jointly.

Look me up if you're in town. I'd love to get some guys together & get, 4, 6, 8, or more birds running this mission together at once! :cool:

I love the way the leader changes direction and looks like he starts to descend at 5:11...
Your videos are awesome.
My next trip to Baltimore I'll let you know. I'd love to make that run!
Thanks for sharing the great flights!
MB

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: MasterBlaster
This is simply amazing Glen. I need to try this. I have a Phantom 4 and my son has a Phantom 3. I had no idea that Litchi would continue to fly from waypoint to waypoint after losing connection with the controller. So are you saying that range with a litchi mission is only dependent on battery life?

Again Glen, amazing!

Correct & thanks, but who the heck is Glen? :confused:;)

This is simply amazing Glen. I need to try this. I have a Phantom 4 and my son has a Phantom 3. I had no idea that Litchi would continue to fly from waypoint to waypoint after losing connection with the controller. So are you saying that range with a litchi mission is only dependent on battery life?

Again Glen, amazing!

Last edited:
Reactions: MasterBlaster
That's awesome!!! I think that's the first 17 min video I've ever watched all the way through!

Also, did this really happen??
"I'll get you Dirty Bird if it's the last thing I do!" - Kavon Williams, career criminal, incidentally caught on video committing armed-robbery during a test flight

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Agreed, it is the first flight vid I have watched from liftoff to descent. Most the time I was looking for my friends location in the city and seeing the places I traveled there.
Great work. I subscribed also as mokade.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Only a matter of time before someone does the same thing, but has worse consequences. So much for 400' and not over populated area guidelines. Like you said, it is all guidelines, but so is looking both ways before crossing the street, and other safety "guidelines." Only takes one mistake to ruin it for everyone. Not impressed, sorry. That is too risky, and too callous for any accolades from me. But sounds like I am a minority. I prefer the best defense - is - common sense.

Hands down, the best UAV I have seen. My momster-in-law is supposed to move to Baltimore this year and I'm supposed to visit next summer.

I want to fly with you brother! I'm a Steelers guy and desert rat, but I want to fly that program.

Didn't look to me like it was over 400' and FAA guidelines don't prohibit populated areas but rather "groups of people" so I'll take the risk.

Excellent video!!

Big Fan DB!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Dirty Bird
Hands down, the best UAV I have seen. My momster-in-law is supposed to move to Baltimore this year and I'm supposed to visit next summer.

I want to fly with you brother! I'm a Steelers guy and desert rat, but I want to fly that program.

Didn't look to me like it was over 400' and FAA guidelines don't prohibit populated areas but rather "groups of people" so I'll take the risk.

Excellent video!!

Big Fan DB!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
That's your call to fly, but think it is asinine to fly over a populated area as such. An accident waiting to happen, and I beg to differ on all the kudos, but then again, I try to fly within the rules.

And from the FAA, "The US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has banned drone flights over cities and crowds except via special exemptions, due to the dangers of crashing into people or commercial planes." I guess Baltimore doesn't count as a city? And here is the page link.(US working on rules for flying drones over populated areas)

And here is the FAA site verbatim statement:
Do I need permission from the FAA to fly a UAS for recreation or hobby?
No, but your unmanned aircraft must be registered if it weighs more than 0.55 lbs. FAA guidance also says that UAS should always be flown a safe distance from populated areas and other aircraft. Visit our "Fly for Fun" webpage for safety rules and guidelines that apply to recreational UAS operations. If the aircraft is flown within five miles of an airport, the operator of the aircraft must provide the airport operator and the airport air traffic control tower (when an air traffic facility is located at the airport) with prior notice of the operation. Also, airspace regulations may be applicable to the area you are operating in, which may require approval from the FAA to operate in those areas. The B4UFLY app can assist you in determining what airspace restrictions may be in place.

Morgas - We don't all live in Leesville, LA. This is the northeast & it's pretty much one big city after another. I wouldn't fly over throngs of people but, if you want to fly here in the northeast, flying over buildings is a way of life. It is certainly a lot more interesting than flying over trees unless you happen to catch a shot of Tree Beard...
If you like the city, that is your choice, and I love in Fort Bragg, North Carolina. As for insulting people from the country, you are still bound by the FAA rules ether you like it or not.

Due to the inability for some members to behave and not get all personal this thread is closed.

HT3ZZpX.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic