Follow me!!

Reaction score
Can anyone help?

Tried the follow me mode and it said I had weak gps so wouldn't work?
At the time I had 19 satellites showing!!
Am I doing something wrong?
Advice would be hugely welcome thanks. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

How was GPS on your tablet/phone?

Not sure?
I was using my iPad, tethered (hot spotted) to my phone!
Do you think that's the problem?

UAS needs some way to know your current location. Not sure if all Ipads have gps so it may not work.

You'll need a cellular version of the iPad in order to use Follow Me. Wi-Fi only iPads do not have GPS.

If you don't have GPS on your device, you could add it with an external GPS receiver -- like the Garmin GLO. You can find a list of other commonly used GPS receivers here.

Ok, thanks, my iPad is not cellular so I'm guessing that's the problem!!
I thought it was between the quad copter and the radio control receiver not the phone/tablet device!

I've got a XGPS 160 that I use for airline flying with my jeppesen app! Do you think that will work?

I am trying to do follow me mode with my Dual XGPS. I just got the XGPS installed, but the GO App seems to say "No positioning (ATTI)." I launched the Dual XGPS application before running the GoApp and the lights are solid. The maps are also downloaded and cached. What am i missing? I am using a Wi-fi only ipad mini 2.

Is there anything i need to do within the GoApp on changing the channel to match up with the channels on the XGPS? Thank you!

Is there anything i need to do within the GoApp on changing the channel to match up with the channels on the XGPS?
No. You should just have to pair the Dual XGPS receiver per the instructions in the manual.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj