follow me.... what did i do wrong?

Reaction score
hi guys, so on march 15th i crashed my drone as i used follow me, finally got my drone back last week and want to try it again. but i am worried. basically as i stopped moving the drone carried on and went about 10 metres ahead of me and crashed in a tree. am i wrong in thinking the drone should stop behind you?

here is a link to that crash, if anyone can advice me i really would appreciate that

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

In follow mode it just does it's best to keep you in frame, this can mean moving around you and rotating to keep you in shot, never use follow me in an area where there are obstructions such as trees but if you do then stay high enough to avoid them.

Reactions: Neon Euc
From what I remember of your last episode make sure you have enough altitude to clear obstacles on the path and get ready to switch out of F mode if it looks like things are going pear shaped. You might find litchi magic leash or autopilot's airspace mode work better for you if you intend to get the AC to follow you on the unicycle thing.

Reactions: Neon Euc and Numone
Cheers guys. I might just go for Manuel control. Not as smooth but a lot safer

In follow mode it just does it's best to keep you in frame, this can mean moving around you and rotating to keep you in shot, never use follow me in an area where there are obstructions such as trees but if you do then stay high enough to avoid them.
Nope, follow me uses the GPS in your phone to follow you, it has nothing to do with keeping you in the camera frame or the camera at all. You are thinking or object tracking that the P4 and mavic have.

Nope, follow me uses the GPS in your phone to follow you, it has nothing to do with keeping you in the camera frame or the camera at all. You are thinking or object tracking that the P4 and mavic have.

Oops yeah your right ,

Yep....follow me didn't work on my iPad mini 2 no gps...
My iPhone 6s no worries I just keep it up higher the the surrounding trees the function works well....

I can't seem to get FM to work with my P3P. I know my tablet has GPS because the weather location changes as I go to a different location and I use Google maps sometimes to see where I am when trying to find a place. I put it in FM and it will just stay where it is and will not move. I move out of the frame and it still won't budge. I can only control the altitude, yaw, and camera until I take it out of FM. Any ideas? Maybe it's just a stubborn phantom.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20