I have not heard of "airplane" mode. Do you mean "attitude" mode?
Airplane mode is a phone or tablet setting. Not app setting.

Reactions: ZenFlyer
I have not heard of "airplane" mode. Do you mean "attitude" mode?[/QUOTE

Some people turn their phone/tablet Airplane mode on while flying so they do not receive calls/texts while controlling the copter, as you can see in the video not a good idea when using follow

I have a call blocker app. I have different profiles set up and one I called Phantom Mode. I just switch to that which has everything blocked. I don't fully understand the whole airplane mode thing so I don't use it. But for things you want to use that airplane mode would mess up, a call blocker might come in handy.

Reactions: ZenFlyer
Video shot with airplane mode on then another with it off, shows what happens...

Hi Zen, I'm hoping you will be able to answer this as I read different answers on different forums. When using Follow Me Mode on the Go App ( Flying a P3P) does your Ipad/Android have to be Cellular or just standard. I'm using an Ipad Mini 2 ( Not Cellular) and wondered if it would work with this. Any advice would be great. Thanks. The Vic

Hi Zen, I'm hoping you will be able to answer this as I read different answers on different forums. When using Follow Me Mode on the Go App ( Flying a P3P) does your Ipad/Android have to be Cellular or just standard. I'm using an Ipad Mini 2 ( Not Cellular) and wondered if it would work with this. Any advice would be great. Thanks. The Vic

Your iPad must have cellular to use dynamic home point. Follow me uses dynamic home point. When the cellular hardware gets added to the iPad it includes GPS that is otherwise missing from your iPad. You do not need to use cellular or even sign up. You just need the GPS hardware that comes with that option.

If you attempt to use dynamic home point, the GO app will cry about not enough GPS data from your device to do the task. Hope that helps.

Your iPad must have cellular to use dynamic home point. Follow me uses dynamic home point. When the cellular hardware gets added to the iPad it includes GPS that is otherwise missing from your iPad. You do not need to use cellular or even sign up. You just need the GPS hardware that comes with that option.

If you attempt to use dynamic home point, the GO app will cry about not enough GPS data from your device to do the task. Hope that helps.
Hi B, Thanx for the reply, I understand it now, gonna have to consider a cellular Ipad Mini 2 or Tether my Iphone. thanks for the info. The Vic

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20