Follow me - "thats so GTA mister"

Reaction score
I was using the DJI GO follow me mode yesterday just walking across an open area with my son scootering around.

A couple of teenagers came over and as is the norm you size them up for potential mugger candidates which I quickly dismissed on this occasion and waited for the usual opening line, which sure enough came from the first teenager...

"Hey mister" it's funny they always slip in to a Charles Dickens novel or something "that looks cool, is it expensive".

To which I always reply in part because the wife is often in ear shot but also because it makes me smile "no, not at all, ask your Dad for one at Christmas, tell him it's a DJI Phantom 3 Pro"

The next question came as expected....

"Yeah I am gonna get one of those, can you see what it can see on that screen there mister"

To which I always tilt the RC to show them what it can see.

Then came a new one for me...

"Wow, that's so GTA"

Now that was a new one for me, I quickly searched my childhood years for something similar but came up with nothing, despite not wanting to sound old I had to ask what GTA meant, did it mean good or bad in the true sense of the word and not Bad like Michael Jackson.

They did look confused at the Michael Jackson bit but said...

"You know mister, Grand Theft Auto, did they not have that when you were young?"

I realised that they meant the view was like the third person view in some games and of course on hearing Grand Theft Auto I had to ask....

"Of course, but it was GTA, possibly 2. Do you still sleep with hookers on it and then steal their money"

At which the second teenager suddenly spoke up, slapping his friend on the back...

"Oh yeah mister, Sean has a real thing for the ladies"

Slightly saddened that GTA has not progressed much in the years between my university days and now I wrapped up the conversation saying I had to land the thing and leave.

And the two teenagers left chatting excitedly about GTA and their new Christmas present this year.

I'd welcome a new GTA parody with the follow me feature done tasfeully like the superman spoof recently, but lets hope follow me does not spur a new trend of teenagers walking the streets come 25th December with Phantom 3s behind them.

Anyone else has funny encounters while flying their P3/GTA camera?

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj