Follow me standard vs professional

Reaction score
Hello

The phantom 3 standard will have follow me and waypoints.
I hope this will be available for the professional aswell after a new update??!?!?!?

Hello

The phantom 3 standard will have follow me and waypoints.
I hope this will be available for the professional aswell after a new update??!?!?!?

When the p3s receives it the rest of the p3 line will as well.

Found my answer. Sorry:(
Tried to delete the post, but I didnt find delete Thread button.

Does anyone have any clue when that might be? I think DJI is useless to estimate dates for their customers. It shouldent be so hard to give a date or a week number.

Does anyone have any clue when that might be? I think DJI is useless to estimate dates for their customers. It shouldent be so hard to give a date or a week number.

We have learned not to give dates. It seems something always comes up and that date is missed. I will say it will be sooner rather than later.

Reactions: Bosko
We have learned not to give dates. It seems something always comes up and that date is missed. I will say it will be sooner rather than later.
I appreciate your presence on this board and understand it can't be an easy job. I belong to several forums for other products and no manufacturer's employees ever make themselves officially known, let alone speak for the company. That said, I think there is great room for improvement by DJI, their communication skills are somewhere back in the 1950's.

DJI releases new features and doesn't tell customers what they are or how to best use them. DJI posts outdated instruction manuals on their website which don't include their latest features. DJI is neither proactive nor transparent when glitches are found and so is not helpful in resolving them. And as you admit above, DJI seems unable to smoothly release features and new products according to a set schedule. Let's face it, far, far more complex devices (take cars and big screen TV's for instance) are much more openly and timely released than most DJI products. There is simply no good excuse for DJI's inability to communicate who, what, where, when and why.

I understand that DJI is a rapidly growing and very successful company. I am very happy with what you make and wish you continued success. There are extremely few companies which are able to control pricing as DJI is doing. But you have to understand that what you make is a commodity: anyone -or any company- with the money and desire can make what you make. I could make one with off-the-shelf parts tomorrow. I expect that soon enough you will have some real competition from another company looking for a slice of a very lucrative pie.

When that happens how are you going to sell? Customers like to feel like they are appreciated. They like to feel like part of a bigger family. In short they want to perceive that there's more to it for the manufacturer than just the profit. If someone else starts leading social media, gets a reputation as a caring, responsive company, and seems to do things in an organized on-time manner is DJI going to be left behind? There are two business models you can choose to follow, that of GM or that of Apple. We know how each is doing. Which will it be?

I greatly enjoy flying my class leading P3P and have attended some DJI sponsored events. Your people are knowledgeable and helpful, but your company image is taking it on the chin. I wish DJI great success going into the future. To be successful you are going to need more than product, you are going to need relationships, and customer loyalty and appreciation. When that big competitor comes along you need to have a reason for your customers to not abandon ship. How about giving it to them?

Last edited:
Reactions: Alanbathurst

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20