Follow me problem

Reaction score
Went for a quick flight this morning to try everything out. Got a weird encounter with follow me mode, whenever I tried to activate follow me, I got a message pop up said "cannot enable GPS" but I got 17 sat locked in with perfect signal.

I believe that means it cannot enable GPS on your phone/tablet. That is how it follows you. Does your device have a built in GPS? Many do not.

do you have GPS on the device you're using as display? Tablet or phone.

Is the control phone/tablet (i.e.) the device you running the go App on have GPS. I had the problem with my iPad mini 2 but then I switched to my iPhone and it work just fine

It's a little irritating that not one person has asked if his phone or tablet has GPS.... :rolleyes:

Went for a quick flight this morning to try everything out. Got a weird encounter with follow me mode, whenever I tried to activate follow me, I got a message pop up said "cannot enable GPS" but I got 17 sat locked in with perfect signal.
The standard ipad mini 2 does not work with follow me

Data is not GPS. Cell service is not GPS. The ONLY source for GPS is GPS IN the device being used to control the bird

So the GPS has to be IN the device?
Yes... Until next week when an update to all Apple products is set to secretly release that enables some new GPS feature that is hidden in all Apple products. I was going to leak this in another thread, but this seems like a legit place.

Reactions: Chris P Duck
So did this get sorted out? I just got my P3Pro and have flown it 3 times now using an ipad mini 2, same problem, follow me doesn't work. ios 9.2, latest updates from DJI on everything. Is this a software issue or simply the ipad mini doesn't have any kind of gps functionality?

I also have a iPad mini 2 fitted with SIM card and GPS, but it did not work in follow me mode. My iPhone 6 worked fine.

Make sure you have location services enabled, and more likely go to settings on your iPad, at the first screen scroll down to the DJI GO app and make sure that using location is enabled (while using app)

I'd love this problem as I'm device less, it ain't what it used to be

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4