Follow me Mode won't work with Ipad Mini 4

Reaction score
I fly a Phantom 3Standad,..using the DJI Go App on my iPad Mini 4. When I try to use Follow Me Mode,..I get an error message on the screen, every time. Why????
BTW,..POI works just fine...
What am I missing???

Do you have the cellular model or Wi-Fi only model?

If the Wi-Fi only model, it won't work since it does not have a GPS receiver. You could add GPS by using one of these external GPS receivers.

MSinger and others,..THANK YOU. I MUST apologize,..I am using my Phantom 3S with a Kindle Fire HD tablet,..NOT ipad as I stated before.
Is the answer the same for Kndle Fire HD?

Kindle Fire doesn't have GPS and I don't think it has bluetooth so you could use a GPS device like the Garmin GLO with it.

Then you'll need to get an external GPS receiver if you want to use Follow Me. The GPS receivers at my link above all connect via Bluetooth.

Just saw this. I was wondering why follow me wasn't working while I was out today. I do have an external GPS receiver paired with my mini 4 but I left it on the bench while I walked around. Guess I'll try this out tomorrow. I actually thought the quad followed the RC but now that I think about it, the quad would have to know where the RC is and without some form of triangulation...

Thanks for the tip!

All you need is a device that contains a GPS receiver. A cellular connection is not required. If you're using a Wi-Fi only Apple device, then you could use an external GPS receiver -- like one of these.

Ah I get it. I think I will get one of those gps units. My s6 screen too small. Thx for your help.

Exactly how does that work....The phantom synches to the gps signal on the mobile device to track you? With litchi I see people just select an object in the app and it follows. Not sure if a gps enabled device is also used though.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Exactly how does that work....The phantom synches to the gps signal on the mobile device to track you?
It follows the mobile device -- since that's where the GPS receiver is located.

It follows the mobile device -- since that's where the GPS receiver is located.
So if the GPS device is external will it follow that instead? I had a hard time with "follow me" since there is too much interference from inside the Jeep. If I put a Garmin Glo or some such would that fix my problem?

So if the GPS device is external will it follow that instead?
I'm not sure which GPS receiver would be used if there are two available. Perhaps someone else has tried it and will chime in.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl