Follow Me Mode Voids your Phantom Warranty?!!! Wow, just Wow

If the cruise control in your car was active and you crashed because you failed to over ride it when an unexpected event occured would you expect the vehicle manufacturer to pay for repairs?

It's almost as if you have never heard of the $1.2b settlement Toyota had to pay for an issue similar to what you're describing, and one of the largest recalls in automotive history.

Reactions: Jason Porembski
It's almost as if you have never heard of the $1.2b settlement Toyota had to pay for an issue similar to what you're describing, and one of the largest recalls in automotive history.
That's on the same line as. "If I knowingly drive a vehicle with a Takata air bag and it deploys and nearly kills me, is it my fault?

And NO, I don't. But some of you probably do. Did you park your vehicle.? Probably not. So don't get all defensive and jump me. It was just a thought.

Ok, mods....I hear you. Back to topic. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Guys this is my main account please use this to contact me in the future!

Its actually nothing like that.

I am currently waiting for subaru to get an airbag to the local dealer here so i can have an airbag replaced, part of a recall fiasco.

Did you read my whole post? I suggested there are some glitches we can recover from while advising it seems others members here who have had simmilar issues using follow me in DJI had the AC repaired or replaced in warranty.

Reactions: blade strike
I'm going to have to try to look it up again, but when you switch to an F mode doesnt a pop up basically say you are taking responsibility for the drone? as a good practice, and it is well documented, that you should ensure it is working properly and if not toggle the switch back to P or A mode.

Reactions: gvsukids
And this title is misleading, they dont say your warranty is voided, they say they wont warranty this issue. Those are 2 separate situations. Just because they wont warranty someone crashing into a tree doesnt meant they wont warranty a production defect at a later date.

If you turned your car on and it went strait to redline would you just sit there until it blows up or... turn off the key?

There is also a difference between warranty and insurance. I am in no way saying this is or isnt a defect in the programming, and I would encourage you to continue to pester DJI about the issue and they usually back down or offer to cover at least some of the parts. BUT if there is anything not done properly, like a compass calibration, IMU calibration, flying in solar storms that may affect gps, magnetic interference, not on the proper firmware, etc etc etc then it would not be deemed a warranty (as it works because it flies) issue but an issue of misuse or neglect (strong word but i cant think of a better one right now) in verifying everything is as supposed to be, this is where it turns into an insurance issue. I am for sure a culprit of this, do i check the compass values every flight, the battery cell voltage every flight, etc etc... No.. Is it a risk something goes wrong yes. But I take the risk by not doing all the due diligence.

But you should have all the checks and balances in place if you are flying commercially, since you are on a golf course one can only assume its a commercial flight, In which case you follow all of your 333 exemption requirements. And is it allowed to fly in an autonomous mode under 333? Its not in Canada so thats why I ask.

DJI has called and someone looking at the data. They have definitely leaned in to investigate it. No results yet.

I have done what I can do. I have looked over the data as well. I will wait for them to contact you before I make any comments. Thank you for your patience!

I wonder if this applys to the DI Care warranty also I paid 200.00 for I contacted the DJI Care department and asked if I flew with the Litchi app and crashed would the still repair at no cost they said they would
Hmmm if this isnt clarified Im going to ditch this Phantom and by another better drone

Reactions: flpholt
The first time you go into F mode I got a warning that said "you take full responsibility." Something to that effect. Does anyone else remember that?

Reactions: flpholt
The first time you go into F mode I got a warning that said "you take full responsibility." Something to that effect. Does anyone else remember that?
I see that only when I change the altitude limit.

Hmmm... I swear I saw it a couple of months ago. Maybe that changed with a software update.

A neighbor down the road from me had a similar fly away issue. And he used PAyPal to pay for his phantom. When DJI said not covered under warranty he opened up a case for a refund. all he had to do on paypal request to close the case in his favor was, have a third party opinion/diagnosis who is a retailer repair shop, hobby shop give him a letter stating the age of phantom and in their professional opinion definatly a manufacture glitch in the electronics and not a operator error. Good for him. He got a full refund from paypal.

Wow. How old was it?

I sell stuff via the web and man, Paypal always sides with the customer like 99 percent of the time. But that one even surprises me.

So all F modes void the warranty?

I'm paranoid to use f mode just to use dronepan now.

Q

Wow. How old was it?

I sell stuff via the web and man, Paypal always sides with the customer like 99 percent of the time. But that one even surprises me.

So all F modes void the warranty?

I'm paranoid to use f mode just to use dronepan now.

Q

All intelligent functions are under warranty. Users need to be cautious when using those functions, do not fly near trees, people and or buildings. Each case will be looked at on a case by case bases.

Reactions: m0j0

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic