"Follow Me" Mode on P4P?

Reaction score
I just got my P4P and learning about the various functions. I see Active Trac but I don't how see to make it follow me unless I carry the controller. Am I mssing something here? Thanks

The ActiveTrack section starting at the bottom of page 21 in my manual says it pretty clearly how to identify and then select to track a given object. Maybe give that a go, but I have heard that it can lose the subject fairly easily. I haven't had the chance to test it yet myself but it looks pretty easy to set up.

I've seen the Active Track feature. What I'm trying to figure out is how to make is follow me when I'm doing an activity such as mountain bikiing when I can't use the controller identify myself or carry it while I am riding.

Not being sarcastic or anything but take a look at Youtube. Lots of videos on there showing you how to do it. It really is very easy.

You can leave the remote behind whilst you cycle off but you would not be able to tell if its working etc. If I were you id set it up go for a quick ride in a circle. Come back and check to make sure its doing what you want it to do. No point in thinking its filming you for 14 mins to find that you walked/drove under a tree etc and it lost you. You can also tell because it should start following you when you move away, but it will not lower in height if you go down a hill. Up a hill yes, down a hill no.

Thanks Frankc. I'd like to get it to follow me down a downhill trail for some distance so it isn't practical to leave the controller up the trail where it would have to be retreived or could even be stolen. This drone has a lot of great features andmaybe it's not possible with this one, drone but I'll keep looking.

Thanks Frankc. I'd like to get it to follow me down a downhill trail for some distance so it isn't practical to leave the controller up the trail where it would have to be retreived or could even be stolen. This drone has a lot of great features andmaybe it's not possible with this one, drone but I'll keep looking.

You can take the controller with you. Thats not a problem. Though quite where you will stow it I dont know. It will follow you down hill but it wont decrease in height.

An example for you. Is it me or does he sound like Kermit the Frog?

Last edited:
Can not get FOLLOW ME mode to work at all. I get an error message that states it's not close enough to target which is erroneous as I've moved the Drone to within 15ft to 2ft of target to follow and same error message. Active Track works, not great as it loses the subject easily but does work fair. Is it an issue with DJI's built-in Android based monitor? DJI can you answer this, somebody?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20