Follow me functions with P3P??

Pulling back on the right stick brings the copter home no matter where it is in the circle around you, or what the the nose orientation is. Like whistling when you can't see your dog.

Last edited:
Orbit using Litchi app....

Also from everything I've read about the SDK it will be possible to control altitude while the POI maneuver is going. So you would essentially be able to do an upward spiral around your POI by increasing the altitude.

Pulling back on the right stick brings the copter home no matter where it is in the circle around you, or what the the nose orientation is. Like whistling when you can't see your dog.

homelock is coming as well.... at least to litchi- it's supported in the SDK

I dont see any real value to home lock. What would you want to use it for? Maybe some scenarios?

I dont see any real value to home lock. What would you want to use it for? Maybe some scenarios?

Ever lose sight of your copter or lose nose orientation and don't want to "surrender" to RTH? Ever wish you could easily fly in an arc around your base position? POI and RTH may indeed obviate the "need" for home lock, but the pure convenience of it was a joy with my P1.

I've also been using Lichi with the P3 just for the POI feature. I used a couple POI's in this video at 1:00 and 1:50 times

It works pretty good, I'm just looking forward to it all being in one DJI app and not having to switch between two apps.

Reactions: JohnK
Ever lose sight of your copter or lose nose orientation and don't want to "surrender" to RTH? Ever wish you could easily fly in an arc around your base position? POI and RTH may indeed obviate the "need" for home lock, but the pure convenience of it was a joy with my P1.
No... its virtually impossible to loose nose orientation if beyond sight because you ahve that cool arrow in your map that shows the direction the bird is pointing, as well as a strait line back to you. It also helps you to know that direct YOU should be facing to get the best radio range. POI will likely hit Go at the same time as HL, and waypoints.

No... its virtually impossible to loose nose orientation if beyond sight because you ahve that cool arrow in your map that shows the direction the bird is pointing, as well as a strait line back to you. It also helps you to know that direct YOU should be facing to get the best radio range. POI will likely hit Go at the same time as HL, and waypoints.
Until you loose picture and the screen is black

Until you loose picture and the screen is black
Very true, in which case, Home Lock isn't attainable. Bother because the app crashed, and because the app isnt giving the controller a GPS signal. So RTH is probably your only option.

Very true, in which case, Home Lock isn't attainable. Bother because the app crashed, and because the app isnt giving the controller a GPS signal. So RTH is probably your only option.
I don't know for sure but doesn't homelock work even if app crashes based on homepoint set?

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

I don't know for sure but doesn't homelock work even if app crashes based on homepoint set?

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk
I would assume it would IF it were active prior to app crash. But I had a hell of a time trying to do any kind of video work with home lock activated. Maybe with some practice I guess. But its absolutely NOT intuitive while flying by camera.

I know the radar is dependent on device but I guess we cant see the radar if app crashes. LOL

Pretty sure with the P3 you can homelock without app. I have had sun issues with the V+ and had no idea where it was. Homelock was awesome.

Also how about allowing you to pull back towards home so you can film and rotate the bird as you do. As an example set it up parallel to a highway and film an oncoming car and rotate bird as it goes by. Phantom stays on parallel axis with highway and free to rotate.

Reactions: JohnK
Just because a particular feature might not be useful to you and even if you could never see a reason for you to use it doesn't mean someone else wouldn't find a purpose for it.

I never use IOC but it's a cool feature that I'm sure some people find useful.

We shouldn't be so narrow minded ,rather we should encourage each other's imagination and strive to explore all possibilities. Only then will our quads continue to innovate.

Just because a particular feature might not be useful to you and even if you could never see a reason for you to use it doesn't mean someone else wouldn't find a purpose for it.

I never use IOC but it's a cool feature that I'm sure some people find useful.

We shouldn't be so narrow minded ,rather we should encourage each other's imagination and strive to explore all possibilities. Only then will our quads continue to innovate.
Narrow minded? I asked a simple question! LOOKING for someone else's imagination to fill in the blanks. Obviously you have nothing to offer, so run along.

In the end, we all develop behaviors, skills, and techniques with which we are comfortable and confident, and one is not necessarily "better" than the other.

If only we could all master the difference between "lose" and "loose". Sorry- retired teacher pet peeve. Will never happen again.

Last edited:
Reactions: acherman

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl