Follow me functions with P3P??

It's not available in any version of the Phantom 3.

As of now there is no dji app to do this with any of the three despite the standard marketing description.

This functions will be available soon for both the profesional and the standard

Yeah, it's in the P3S announcement video
It was also announced in the Phantom 3 Advanced and Professional manuals. It's not available though. DJI always just says it's "coming soon" (AKA sometime before 2018).

I assume this is the reason for the release of the new App, I think they are making POI, Follow Me and Waypoints available to P3P, P3A, P3S and Inspire 1 through the new DJI Go app.

Written under the P3S YouTube Video;

* Follow Me, Waypoints and Point of Interest functions to be added to the rest of the Phantom 3 series with an upcoming firmware update.

What it might look like for waypoints;

Attachments

• Way.jpg
    Way.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 499
I know this thread has aged a bit, but I'm curious about how POI works? Will the selection of POI (once it's available) remained fixed on subject or object you want to video, and if want to take a 360 of the object, does the app also control the orientation of the aircraft in respect to the object?

I know this thread has aged a bit, but I'm curious about how POI works? Will the selection of POI (once it's available) remained fixed on subject or object you want to video, and if want to take a 360 of the object, does the app also control the orientation of the aircraft in respect to the object?
Yes. You click the location of the POI on the map, specify the radius of the circle and the speed. The aircraft will always face the POI location as it rotates automatically.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

As of now there is no dji app to do this with any of the three despite the standard marketing description.
You can do POI with Ultimate Flight V3 for Android, here is an example of what you can expect:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: TCW
Yes. You click the location of the POI on the map, specify the radius of the circle and the speed. The aircraft will always face the POI location as it rotates automatically.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Wow, now THAT will be cool! Then it seems you have to set a distance measurement away from or close to, however you want to describe it, from the subject?

You can do POI with Ultimate Flight V3 for Android, here is an example of what you can expect:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
That is awesome! I can't wait for it to come to DJI GO. It will help me a lot.

Wow, now THAT will be cool! Then it seems you have to set a distance measurement away from or close to, however you want to describe it, from the subject?

Ok, I missed an earlier post from ryantrax, you specify a radius, and I assume alt..makes since. Bring it on DJI Go

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31