Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Professional Follow Me feature "too far away"

Discussion in 'Phantom 3 Help' started by Altanore, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Altanore

Went to try out the follow me feature today and after being above 10 meters, and having it positioned the way I wanted, I pressed Apply. Every time it keeps telling me the aircraft is too far away, even if it is directly over my head.

The tablet I am using is the Nexus 9 and the app says the tablet has a strong GPS signal.

What am I missing?

2. tcope

I'm pretty sure it's too far away from start.

3. johngussman

I am getting the same error msg, no matter where the quad is when I start it...

4. hjklaassen

Is your aircraft directly above you or in front of you as you press Apply? I ask because from what I have read the reception between your remote control and the aircraft is at the lowest level when the aircraft is directly above you.

I position my Phantom 3 Advanced so the flat surfaces of the remote control antenna are facing the Phantom, and that has kept my communication errors to a minimum.

If you download the DJI Manual (http://download.dji-innovations.com...en/Phantom_3_Advanced_User_Manual_v1.0_en.pdf) and go to Page 27 there is a diagram that shows the best way to position the antenna in relation to your aircraft.

I hope this helps.